Raul Albentosa

Ashz09

This bit looks rather assumptiony to me...

Well I'm basing my knowledge on posts of other members on here who seem to know what they're talking about. Nobody has questioned those claims so who am I to think otherwise.

It makes sense to me why this deal is being held up

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm basing my knowledge on posts of other members on here who seem to know what they're talking about. Nobody has questioned those claims so who am I to think otherwise.

It makes sense to me why this deal is being held up

Is that an implication that I don't know what I'm talking about?

What would be the point of that? You'd allow a player to talk to a club but a fee still wouldn't be agreed? There's no point in that clause then is there because you'd still need to make a bid of the value the selling club value the player at.

When Aresnal were after Suarez, a football lawyer was interviewed and stated exactly that scenario - I suppose the thinking is that once the player has permission to talk to other clubs, then his owning club either sell to the highest bidder; have an unhappy player on their hands; or (as with Bryso) offer the player a lot more money to stay where he is....it all depends on the value of the player in the buyout clause compared to what he is actually worth....

Not sure why you've decided to take time out of your day to attack me but do as you will...

Sorry if that's how it came across, but it was intended as a set-up line, and you were supposed to say "No, why?" (or something like that).

Then I would have said "Why not? Every bugger else knows I don't".

Perhaps something got lost in translation when it crossed the Tamar.

No it doesn't.

It's worded hypothetically. 'Could' be completed tomorrow.

Though, as per the other reports, it states it's only a matter of time. Just the final fee to be resolved.

Come on bris, pull your finger out.

Get on the phone to spain and sort this out.

Ring around the various hotels and ask if they have a Mr Chris Evans staying.

Then when you've found him offer your services.

Thanks for that Srg, i think i got the gist of it.

The plant could not contain her excitement, haha love it

We've got his nickname.

Raul 'the Plant' Albentosa.

I've been ill for a few days and so haven't been able to keep up properly with this thread. I live in Alzira and have asked (obviously very few due to being ill) people about the player. Some admit to not knowing very much about him, but others have said they've followed his career a bit due to him being from the town. Basically they think that he's a very good player and they're surprised that he'll be moving to a second division English side when there were rumours that bigger Spanish clubs, and quite possibly Valencia, were likely to be in for him this summer.

As far as the problems of payment are concerned, although some of the "translations" are a bit dodgy the gist of things is about right. Eibar want the player to pay up the clause but the club are worried about tax problems. The report does say "could" sign in the next day or two, but everything does seem to be agreed between player and Derby county. In his post match interview he said, with tears in his eyes, thank you when the reporter wished him luck in England.

Hopefully all will be resolved soon, and maybe I'll see a few Derby shirts around the town in the near future, not just mine!

Sage - forgot that a transfer fee will carry VAT on top of it. As our income is less than our outcome, we won't be able to offset this bill and thus paying a transfer fee is a lot more expensive than the player buying it out.

I think you've overlooked the fact that our wage bill doesn't attract input VAT. Even if our taxable inputs exceeded outputs,the balance could be claimed from the Revenue (just as an excess in the other direction has to be paid over to them).

I can't help with our apparent dilemma,as I won't post on subjects I know nothing about (which includes Spanish taxation).

I think you've overlooked the fact that our wage bill doesn't attract input VAT. Even if our taxable inputs exceeded outputs,the balance could be claimed from the Revenue (just as an excess in the other direction has to be paid over to them).

I can't help with our apparent dilemma,as I won't post on subjects I know nothing about (which includes Spanish taxation).

erm, you just have Ramblur m'owd?

erm, you just have Ramblur m'owd?

Boycie, technically he didn't respond to the dilemma but responded to another point I overlooked...

You see, the country needs people like Ramblur as they only talk from fact whereas people like me think we're talking from fact but really know bugger all!

Archived