Getting to the ground on time tomorrow...

Duracell

...is even more important than usual. We're kicking off the weekend's football and the eyes will be on us and Wolves. Let's not disgrace ourselves by ruining the minute's silence. Get to the ground in plenty of time so we don't have noise bubbling up from late arrivals who've forgotten the occasion.

And here's another thing - if this does happen, and it's likely, how about not shouting "f******* shut up" at the top of your voice? Or booing at the lack of silence?

That's only if you need motivation to keep quiet. I'm sure the majority of the ground will give the occasion the respect it deserves, and hopefully once the whistle blows we'll only be talking about the thing we've actually come out to see.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't let it turn into a minute's applause. I really doubt that could happen, but I'm annoyed and baffled as to how many times in the last few years crowds have been asked to observe a minute's silence only for some group of idiots, apparently unable to follow the most basic instructions, to start clapping and it spreads around the stadium.

I was at Leicester away a few years ago when some idiots started making a racket and both sets of fans decided the best thing to do would be to boo and swear at each other throughout the minute's silence. It was an utter embarrassment for all concerned.

If we can step away from rammyboy's malicious false rumour spreading, and get back on topic:

It annoys me when there is a minutes silence and you can hear people in the concourse or outside the ground making noise, not knowing that there is a silence, and then someone starts shouting "shut up" so someone else tells them to "shut up" etc etc...

These little misunderstandings end up getting way out of proportion...

I was at Leicester away a few years ago when some idiots started making a racket and both sets of fans decided the best thing to do would be to boo and swear at each other throughout the minute's silence. It was an utter embarrassment for all concerned.

That was one of the worst observed silences. It ended up quite loud with both sets of fans telling each other to shut up and booing.

There's too many stupid people imo

Archived