Sam Rush wins award

Mafiabob

Interesting to see that Andy Appleby is currently making only his second visit to the club this season. GSE's management role now appears to be close to zero, with Rush and Vicars running the club.

I think that GSE messed up a lot when they first came by appointing Glick and trying to impose a model that worked in US sport. They managed to lose a lot of cash for the owners and in the process make the club worse. Yet perhaps they do deserve some credit. This is their first go at British football and they were bound to need a period of adjustment. To their credit they managed to keep the owners on board and brought in someone with knowledge of the game to replace replace Tom Glick. Ever since Sam Rush arrived the trajectory has been steadily upwards - both on and off the field. So now I think we can count ourselves as a very well run club, especially if you look at Forest and Leeds. GSE got there in the end.

I know that Sam Rush is smart enough to be professionally courteous, but every time I meet him I find I really like the bloke. I also know that his motivations for looking out for the club's best interests are also entirely professional - he's not a life-long Ram. Yet his style is to get the fans on board and every decision is informed by what us supporters would want. OK, he won't risk messing up the finances to pander to our every whim, but he does take on board our wishes.

I think Sam Rush is the best thing that has happened to the club in years. I just hope that Arsenal don't come knocking on Sam Rush's door. He'd find it hard to turn down the club he supports.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see that Andy Appleby is currently making only his second visit to the club this season. GSE's management role now appears to be close to zero, with Rush and Vicars running the club.

I think that GSE messed up a lot when they first came by appointing Glick and trying to impose a model that worked in US sport. They managed to lose a lot of cash for the owners and in the process make the club worse. Yet perhaps they do deserve some credit. This is their first go at British football and they were bound to need a period of adjustment. To their credit they managed to keep the owners on board and brought in someone with knowledge of the game to replace replace Tom Glick. Ever since Sam Rush arrived the trajectory has been steadily upwards - both on and off the field. So now I think we can count ourselves as a very well run club, especially if you look at Forest and Leeds. GSE got there in the end.

I know that Sam Rush is smart enough to be professionally courteous, but every time I meet him I find I really like the bloke. I also know that his motivations for looking out for the club's best interests are also entirely professional - he's not a life-long Ram. Yet his style is to get the fans on board and every decision is informed by what us supporters would want. OK, he won't risk messing up the finances to pander to our every whim, but he does take on board our wishes.

I think Sam Rush is the best thing that has happened to the club in years. I just hope that Arsenal don't come knocking on Sam Rush's door. He'd find it hard to turn down the club he supports.

I think GSE may have lost money early on, but that was probably offsetting the loss the club was making as a whole. For that, we have to thank them because we wouldn't know where we would be without that.

As for Sam Rush, I genuinely like him too and understand his motives are professional - but I do like to think the longer he's been here the more he's starting to feel like it is home. I have to thank him for making the unpopular decision to remove Nigel too.

How is it any different to when Tom Glick was here?

I think GSE may have lost money early on, but that was probably offsetting the loss the club was making as a whole. For that, we have to thank them because we wouldn't know where we would be without that.

You mean "the investors"?  GSE have been paid a management fee each year by the owners to run the club, they shouldn't have made any loss (not in relation to us at any rate).

How is it any different to when Tom Glick was here?

Appleby appeared to be here far more often and several GSE names were involved in running the club, I've just had a look at the GSE website to help me recall the names, but they now only appear to have three staff members listed, and one is Andy Appleby. I do remember Roger Faulkner being involved a lot, and I'm sure that there was an American chap looking after the money (VP Finance) for a while.

Unfortunately; it was right up there at one stage, but the judging panel had a few problems logging on just over a month ago. Supposedly they commented that it had all gone to .co.ck

It seems we were in line to win an award on an Apple users forum, but we were disqualified for being cheap - apparently only really expensive forums with half the usability were allowed

Not being negative, just realistic that they're doing a great job, receiving lots of positive attention and it would be surprising if they stayed should we not go up this season or the one after. Natural point to make.

However that's then, and I'm loving now so don't really care!

No need to get grumpy!!

You mean "the investors"?  GSE have been paid a management fee each year by the owners to run the club, they shouldn't have made any loss (not in relation to us at any rate).

I'd add that the management fee was a relatively modest

I remember all the stick he got when Cloughie departed. There were a fair few of us - me included- who didn't see him in the best light to say the least. We laid quite a bit of blame at his door if I remember right.

But isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? Look how far we've come with his knowledge and business acumen. Look how settled the club seems to be as a whole. We have what other clubs want don't we? Well City can have Glick, but I really hope Sam stays with us because with his guidance, the club can do a lot more.

I think he's chomping at the bit for us to get promotion, that would be his next challenge.

I was impressed the moment he took the decision to sack Clough (will admit rightly in my view from the start)

Think people were upset because it was after Forest loss.

I said at the time it was the perfect time and meant we could move on quickly.

A big pair of gonads to do what he did and after that game. Whether you think rightly or wrongly he's got a big pair!

Appleby appeared to be here far more often and several GSE names were involved in running the club, I've just had a look at the GSE website to help me recall the names, but they now only appear to have three staff members listed, and one is Andy Appleby. I do remember Roger Faulkner being involved a lot, and I'm sure that there was an American chap looking after the money (VP Finance) for a while.

Not unusual to appoint your own people until you find someone you trust to take the role on.

They took over in a new country, a new sport. They kept some staff on during transition and then dropped their people in to run it their way and steady the ship.

Then find people capable to take it forwards and do a better job. People who know the fans, sport and culture.

I was impressed the moment he took the decision to sack Clough (will admit rightly in my view from the start)

Think people were upset because it was after Forest loss.

I said at the time it was the perfect time and meant we could move on quickly.

A big pair of gonads to do what he did and after that game. Whether you think rightly or wrongly he's got a big pair!

I was the same, Glick and GSE when in charge of the running of club were too scared to make brave decisons and NC had a job for life but the looks of it, Rush saw the falling attendances and revenue and took deceive action.

Archived