SM postmatch interview

t'oldu

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope not NSR, I haven't heard his interview mind so probably shouldn't comment but fook it, I will. 

All I'd say is he should think back to our last game of the season before even thinking about dishing out blame for us conceding late winners, we win as a team, we lose as a team, apportioning blame for mistakes cannot be good for the collective morale. Captain or no captain.

$hit happens.  

Don't have a problem with his skirting around questions to avoid criticising players. He can do that behind closed doors. 

What I did have a problem with, and have done for the last 2 losses is Keogh(and I like Keogh) coming out afterwards and telling us that the oppositions goals were lucky. I'd much rather him admit to them being good goals or the defending not being good enough but to call them lucky is arrogant to say the least. It treats us like we're not clever enough to understand football. Obviously there was some fortune to Wigan's goals but it was via bad defending it wasn't like a deep cross from a full back has lobbed the keeper. Or Brentford's goals? where was the luck? two well worked goals that we would have been delighted to score. Don't treat us like mugs because we are perfectly capable of deciding whether a goal is lucky by ourselves and none of those he has called lucky have been down to luck. 

I hope not NSR, I haven't heard his interview mind so probably shouldn't comment but fook it, I will.

All I'd say is he should think back to our last game of the season before even thinking about dishing out blame for us conceding late winners, we win as a team, we lose as a team, apportioning blame for mistakes cannot be good for the collective morale. Captain or no captain.

$hit happens.

He basically said "Cyrus probably should have stop stopped the cross, probably should have defended better there"

He basically said "Cyrus probably should have stop stopped the cross, probably should have defended better there"

no he didn't he said something along the lines of 'yeah they've got a late one which has gone in off Cyrus, we should have defended it better' I didn't read that as him blaming Christie

Don't have a problem with his skirting around questions to avoid criticising players. He can do that behind closed doors.

What I did have a problem with, and have done for the last 2 losses is Keogh(and I like Keogh) coming out afterwards and telling us that the oppositions goals were lucky. I'd much rather him admit to them being good goals or the defending not being good enough but to call them lucky is arrogant to say the least. It treats us like we're not clever enough to understand football. Obviously there was some fortune to Wigan's goals but it was via bad defending it wasn't like a deep cross from a full back has lobbed the keeper. Or Brentford's goals? where was the luck? two well worked goals that we would have been delighted to score. Don't treat us like mugs because we are perfectly capable of deciding whether a goal is lucky by ourselves and none of those he has called lucky have been down to luck.

Keogh is absolutely spot on with the first goal. I bet the Brentford player couldn't believe his luck when Keogh once again went walkabout, leaving him alone to take his shot untroubled by a challenge.

Cant believe some of the drivel i read on this forum after a loss. Can you all calm the F down. We will lose games this season, but we will win a lot more. 

Nothing  to do with not being calm, but McClaren does not seem able to get the side to hold onto the ball at the moment.

Archived