How would you like to die?

Day

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading an interesting article a few weeks ago about how we shouldn't be wasting billions on trying to cure cancer, when it is actually a "nice" way to die, in terms of having the time to tie up your affairs and say goodbye to loved ones.

It does make you think. Is it better to die at, say, 70 years old from cancer, or live a few years longer, cancer free and die from something horrible like motor neurone disease or alzheimers.

A family member has recently died from cancer at 89 years old. Until a few weeks before Christmas, she had a full life and was actually walking a mile each way to do an aerobics class once a week. She fell ill with various cancers just before Christmas and passed away a few days ago. Family history would suggest that if she'd have lived until she was in her mid 90's, then she would have developed alzheimers and suffered a slow & horrible death, as had many of her relatives.

I know which of the two I would pick.

Is it better to spend the money combating the "bad" ways to die??

I was reading an interesting article a few weeks ago about how we shouldn't be wasting billions on trying to cure cancer, when it is actually a "nice" way to die, in terms of having the time to tie up your affairs and say goodbye to loved ones.

It does make you think. Is it better to die at, say, 70 years old from cancer, or live a few years longer, cancer free and die from something horrible like motor neurone disease or alzheimers.

A family member has recently died from cancer at 89 years old. Until a few weeks before Christmas, she had a full life and was actually walking a mile each way to do an aerobics class once a week. She fell ill with various cancers just before Christmas and passed away a few days ago. Family history would suggest that if she'd have lived until she was in her mid 90's, then she would have developed alzheimers and suffered a slow & horrible death, as had many of her relatives.

I know which of the two I would pick.

Is it better to spend the money combating the "bad" ways to die??

Makes sense, but I think my biggest fear is knowing when I'm going to die.

Really hope I go without knowing anything about it. 

Cancer is ***** ,even living with it.

Heart attack with no warning, gone in seconds , I would sooner have that , anytime .

I take your point but the case being made was that a sudden death is much harder for surviving loved ones to come to terms with, where as with cancer, everyone is prepared and can say goodbye.

Dying quickly and without warning sounds nice but my last thought would probably be something on the lines of "I wish I'd given my little girl that extra cuddle she wanted before I left the house in a hurry this morning".

I take your point but the case being made was that a sudden death is much harder for surviving loved ones to come to terms with, where as with cancer, everyone is prepared and can say goodbye.

Dying quickly and without warning sounds nice but my last thought would probably be something on the lines of "I wish I'd given my little girl that extra cuddle she wanted before I left the house in a hurry this morning".

After watching my Mum pass away at 47 from a year long very painful battle with cancer I can 100% guarantee non of you would want to die this way.

There was a bloke collapsed on the stairs in west stand yesterday.....wasn 't moving.

Anyone know if he's ok?

I would want to go out on a better performance than that one.

Something more like the Derby 5 Arsenal 0 Alan Hinton game from 72/3 please.

Archived