Let's get facts (in other words, curtains' opinion) right about Mascarell vs Eustace

Curtains

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to seem to be criticising Eustace too much though. It's true that we do have two CDMs in Thorne and Mascarell that are technically more skilled and suit our play better. Eustace would get starts in any championship team, reflected in us giving him starts too.

Well so far Eustace is first choice and Mascarell an able back up for when Eustace needs a rest. And what a disaster that plan has proved to be. It's not like we're top of the league and through to the quarter final of the League Cup or anything is it?

IIABDFI

Thats a terrible view .

Would you like to tell me if we could be clear at the top or not.

Did you enjoy the Wigan game and Ipswich and Millwall and Cardiff at home.

If it ain't broke don't fix it well maybe Thorne should never have come in for Eustace ever then by that theory .

Well I'm imagining things then because I was certain he was subbed off for Chris Martin

You were correct it was after 68 minutes I read it wrong sorry about that but I think Calero came on with Martin when Dawkins and Mascarell went off.

Martin is a key player for us up front as he was last night and it was a great strike by Calero.

Thats a terrible view .

Would you like to tell me if we could be clear at the top or not.

Did you enjoy the Wigan game and Ipswich and Millwall and Cardiff at home.

If it ain't broke don't fix it well maybe Thorne should never have come in for Eustace ever then by that theory .

Yes we could be clear at the top if things had been done differently, or we could be in the bottom half. It's impossible to know what might have happened, but we do know what has. 80% Eustace and 20% Mascarell has got us here, which'll do nicely for me.

When Thorne is ready he will become first choice again as he's probably the best player in the league, but that probably won't happen before March if it happens at all this season. But until then, I'd stick with Eustace for as long as our form holds. If we start to slip down the table then we try Mascarell for a few games to see if that works better. 

Yes we could be clear at the top if things had been done differently, or we could be in the bottom half. It's impossible to know what might have happened, but we do know what has. 80% Eustace and 20% Mascarell has got us here, which'll do nicely for me.

When Thorne is ready he will become first choice again as he's probably the best player in the league, but that probably won't happen before March if it happens at all this season. But until then, I'd stick with Eustace for as long as our form holds. If we start to slip down the table then we try Mascarell for a few games to see if that works better.

I totally disagree with that view which is my perogotive

What's more my home game viewing is totally ruined by this situation.

Everything people praise Eustace for, and tout as the reason he should be in the team, is what Mascarell is better at.

Mascarell is more likely to put in a tackle, get on the ball, win his battles and so forth. In his one start in the league he made over 100 touches, I don't believe Eustace has done that in a Derby shirt.

I like Eustace, but Mascarell is better in all aspects. Like Thorne, until we play him regularly, I genuinely believe we're limiting our own potential.

Agree with this 100%. Only point you missed is the fact Mascarell has the quickness and agility to cover sideline to sideline, and not act like a Matador when a player runs at him.

Oh my days.

What's with this fascination about Eustace holding the team back....

He's been part of probably the most successful the team have been for the best part of the year.

He has his limitations no doubt.... So does Mascarell.

This obsession with him not being good enough is a tad embarrassing to be honest, my own opinion obviously.

Do I expect him to be in the team on by end of the season? Probably not....

Mascarell is the better player... I have no doubt.

But this thread has been started to mock and bash Eustace purely because the original poster doesn't like Eustace....

Get a grip.... Scapegoat alley on here....

I really can't believe people cant be happy with being top after 13/14 games and in league QF....

Rant well and truly over.

Oh my days.

What's with this fascination about Eustace holding the team back....

He's been part of probably the most successful the team have been for the best part of the year.

He has his limitations no doubt.... So does Mascarell.

This obsession with him not being good enough is a tad embarrassing to be honest, my own opinion obviously.

Do I expect him to be in the team on by end of the season? Probably not....

Mascarell is the better player... I have no doubt.

But this thread has been started to mock and bash Eustace purely because the original poster doesn't like Eustace....

Get a grip.... Scapegoat alley on here....

I really can't believe people cant be happy with being top after 13/14 games and in league QF....

Rant well and truly over.

Nothing to do with knocking Eustace if you read what I wrote you will see I said Eustace maybe deserves praise.

That doesn't mean I want him to be 1st choice DM all the time.

I havent enjoyed home games all the time this season but realize we are top of the League which is a good come back for a lot of people its true.

Well done to all at Rams for being top of the League and in the quarter finals.

At the IPRO I hear people moaning about the way we play sometimes and we pay our money so let's not pretend we are in a library.

Do you want me not to have an opinion if that's the case come out and say your opinion is carp.

I honestly think what I'm saying is correct.

We all have our views.

Which player you would rather have depends on what you want. If you want more flair and an even higher tempo, then Mascarell is your guy. If you want an experienced leader with a track record of keeping things tight ( and with some ability!!) then Eustace is the one for you. The fact that with Eustace in the team we average approximately 0.3 more points per league game than without, since he arrived, is some indication of why he is picked.

Personally, I like the policy of breaking Mascarell in easily, as I heard a rumour from a golfing mate that he will sign in the summer. This makes sense as to why he is not being thrown in now, but I have no doubt he could play the English DM role eventually. At the moment he has been trained in the Spanish DM role, more of a passing anchor than tackler.

Archived