Let's get facts (in other words, curtains' opinion) right about Mascarell vs Eustace

Curtains

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not overly bothered either way, both look like they could do OK until Thorne comes in I would say.

Mascarell seems to be getting to know whats required in the team and while he may make the odd error as last night that's probably expected for a young un, Eustace has the know how and experience and I think has also mostly done a grand job for someone who is now 35ish and probably in his last season at Derby I'd guess.

Maybe a case of mix and match according to the opposition and venue as well as resting Johns legs.

interesting to see what we will do with mascarell when thorne. Don't think real madrid would want derby playing him as a third choice cdm. I imagine that they would just call him back

Depends how seriously they regard his prospects at their own club, remember he was playing for their third team at the start of last season so would think it was more likely he would move elsewhere in the long term, in which case they probably wouldn't be too fussed either way.

I'm in the Omar in camp.

He makes more forward passes, takes more risks and speeds our game up.

I think Eustace does a good job and I'd much rather he play the holding role than Will Hughes but for me Mascarell has to start playing there on a regular basis.

He will get better with a run of games and has far more potential than Eustace's current ability.

I'm not overly bothered either way, both look like they could do OK until Thorne comes in I would say.

Mascarell seems to be getting to know whats required in the team and while he may make the odd error as last night that's probably expected for a young un, Eustace has the know how and experience and I think has also mostly done a grand job for someone who is now 35ish and probably in his last season at Derby I'd guess.

Maybe a case of mix and match according to the opposition and venue as well as resting Johns legs.

Spot on.

I actually don't mind which one is playing. If we are top of the table when Thorne comes back, then it's job well done John and Omar.

Archived