Let's get facts (in other words, curtains' opinion) right about Mascarell vs Eustace

Curtains

Mascarell is young player trying to make his way in the game and did well again last night apart from one error which was hard on the lad as he was somewhat left isolated after the pass from a very good young goalkeeper.

These things happen but Mascarell put in a fantastic free kick for the Penalty just after his mistake which showed true character.

Eustace is a seasoned player who has bags of experience and has his pros and cons.

Mascarell deserves credit just as Eustace maybe does.

Thorne to come back will be a massive bonus.

But last night second half we moved the ball loads better and quicker which Eustace doesn't always do.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people know what side of the fence I sit on in this debate, but, just as a case in point... the pass Mascarell played into Martin in the run up to Dawkins' first goal is exactly why he's better than Eustace.

I hope Mascarell gets a start. Blackpool game is the only game I've been him play and for me he was one of the best players of the match. Eustace is solid and can be relied on, Mascarell moves the ball better which suits our style IMO.

What is this fascination with Eustace has to play .

When he scored that goal against Wigan it was as though we'd won the World Cup.

Didn't see any protests about Eustace not playing when Cisse and Thorne came in so why the Mascarell Doom and gloomers.

Pedigree do a degree matters too. You can tell Mascarell has skill, he still needs game time to get used to the game, hasn't really been given that opportunity yet. Seems like he's getting the hang of it and because he moves the ball better compared to Eustace he's the better player for our style. I said Eustace provides us with a more solidity, but Mascarell suits our high tempo style when we play at our best.

Everything people praise Eustace for, and tout as the reason he should be in the team, is what Mascarell is better at.

Mascarell is more likely to put in a tackle, get on the ball, win his battles and so forth. In his one start in the league he made over 100 touches, I don't believe Eustace has done that in a Derby shirt.

I like Eustace, but Mascarell is better in all aspects. Like Thorne, until we play him regularly, I genuinely believe we're limiting our own potential.

Archived