Let's get facts (in other words, curtains' opinion) right about Mascarell vs Eustace

Curtains

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Mascarells natural game is to receive the ball, play short most of the time with the occasional Hollywood pass when available. This is playing for himself not the side.

Mac criticised the first half last night for not enough forward passing and too much playing on the back foot. This is exactly what young Omar is inclined to do. He was much better (as they all were) in the second half but if he starts he must get it into his head that he has to be more creative and dictatorial in his play to help the team. If he consistently brings this into his game then yes start him ahead of Eustace. If he can't do it then start Eustace because he is more solid.

Nothing to do with knocking Eustace if you read what I wrote you will see I said Eustace maybe deserves praise.

That doesn't mean I want him to be 1st choice DM all the time.

I havent enjoyed home games all the time this season but realize we are top of the League which is a good come back for a lot of people its true.

Well done to all at Rams for being top of the League and in the quarter finals.

At the IPRO I hear people moaning about the way we play sometimes and we pay our money so let's not pretend we are in a library.

Do you want me not to have an opinion if that's the case come out and say your opinion is carp.

I honestly think what I'm saying is correct.

We all have our views.

Tbf people at the iPro were giving Whitbread abuse for passing backwards EVERY time on Saturday because he'd gone backwards when he shouldn't have at other times.

There was one instance when the ball came over his head and he had Fortune behind him. How was he supposed to know that Fortune was 15 yards away and jogging. He gave it to Butland rather than turn into what would likely sprinting Fortune and no time to look up. People went ape ****.

They want the ball passed forward at all times. It's just not possible. If Whitbread had turned and hoofed that then after 10 times he'd be accused to being a hoofer.

No mate, the people at the iPro don't know what they're asking for half the time.

Like after a corner when everyone shouts "Ouuuut".

All it takes is one person to be a bit slower and you have 4,5,6 attackers all played onside. You have to go together, organised. And you have to look at Keogh to get the line and move it up. Which he does while everyone screams "out".

I've not been bored at a single game yet. Annoyed by the lack of ambition from opponents and the poor performance v Wigan. But like I said in the Rose Tinted thread, people want to see us play with a pace and energy and tempo that we have never shown every week and never will. It's not possible.

However Mascarell showed at Blackpool a performance that does move the ball a bit quicker. He showed it again last night. His early appearances were a bit ordinary and Eustace was helping us get results. With one or two slightly frustrating games sneaking in with Eustace and two promising games with Mascarell coming through then I hope we see a chance for Omar to progress.

But Eustace has contributed to positive results and dominating performances. If the fans at the iPro don't like that then they will have loved the last decade because we've been the opposite for 8/10 years.

I think Mascarells natural game is to receive the ball, play short most of the time with the occasional Hollywood pass when available. This is playing for himself not the side.

Can't agree with that, at all.

Tbf people at the iPro were giving Whitbread abuse for passing backwards EVERY time on Saturday because he'd gone backwards when he shouldn't have at other times.

There was one instance when the ball came over his head and he had Fortune behind him. How was he supposed to know that Fortune was 15 yards away and jogging. He gave it to Butland rather than turn into what would likely sprinting Fortune and no time to look up. People went ape sausage.

They want the ball passed forward at all times. It's just not possible. If Whitbread had turned and hoofed that then after 10 times he'd be accused to being a hoofer.

No mate, the people at the iPro don't know what they're asking for half the time.

Like after a corner when everyone shouts "Ouuuut".

All it takes is one person to be a bit slower and you have 4,5,6 attackers all played onside. You have to go together, organised. And you have to look at Keogh to get the line and move it up. Which he does while everyone screams "out".

I've not been bored at a single game yet. Annoyed by the lack of ambition from opponents and the poor performance v Wigan. But like I said in the Rose Tinted thread, people want to see us play with a pace and energy and tempo that we have never shown every week and never will. It's not possible.

However Mascarell showed at Blackpool a performance that does move the ball a bit quicker. He showed it again last night. His early appearances were a bit ordinary and Eustace was helping us get results. With one or two slightly frustrating games sneaking in with Eustace and two promising games with Mascarell coming through then I hope we see a chance for Omar to progress.

But Eustace has contributed to positive results and dominating performances. If the fans at the iPro don't like that then they will have loved the last decade because we've been the opposite for 8/10 years.

I often hear people saying stuff at the IPRO i don't agree with as I'm sure most people in the ground do.

Frustration is a funny thing at Football matches and causes people to say things that if they gave it later analysis would wish they hadn't said if you know what I mean.

Some fans do frustrate others as I'm sure is the case with me at times.

I'm glad you have enjoyed the home games Alpha that's fair enough.

I take your points on board

Mac criticised the first half last night for not enough forward passing and too much playing on the back foot. This is exactly what young Omar is inclined to do. He was much better (as they all were) in the second half but if he starts he must get it into his head that he has to be more creative and dictatorial in his play to help the team. If he consistently brings this into his game then yes start him ahead of Eustace. If he can't do it then start Eustace because he is more solid.

Mascarells reaction when he was perceived to have given the second goal away was one of shock horror and at that point I think he thought he had let the team down.

His reaction after that was good IMO.

But glad Coutts also had a chance in the DM role.

I often hear people saying stuff at the IPRO i don't agree with as I'm sure most people in the ground do.

Frustration is a funny thing at Football matches and causes people to say things that if they gave it later analysis would wish they hadn't said if you know what I mean.

Some fans do frustrate others as I'm sure is the case with me at times.

I'm glad you have enjoyed the home games Alpha that's fair enough.

I take your points on board

You're completely right. Frustration does cause a lot of comments that people just don't mean.

I know what you mean about the home games. We haven't had an early goal to build on when we've played well. Teams come here and their first job is to frustrate us. So it's understandable people are frustrated. Only Wigan came here to do more from the kick off.

We've got to be patient I'm afraid mate. Until that early goal opens teams up then it's going to be a long season for the impatient. Ironic we got a goal at a great time on Saturday but that whole performance wasn't like us. Nobody accepted that.

I'm with you on hoping Mascarell starts the Huddersfield match particuarly. See if he can be positive and speed things up a touch like he has done lately

You're completely right. Frustration does cause a lot of comments that people just don't mean.

I know what you mean about the home games. We haven't had an early goal to build on when we've played well. Teams come here and their first job is to frustrate us. So it's understandable people are frustrated. Only Wigan came here to do more from the kick off.

We've got to be patient I'm afraid mate. Until that early goal opens teams up then it's going to be a long season for the impatient. Ironic we got a goal at a great time on Saturday but that whole performance wasn't like us. Nobody accepted that.

I'm with you on hoping Mascarell starts the Huddersfield match particuarly. See if he can be positive and speed things up a touch like he has done lately

Do you know what at the end of the day my love of DCFC always outweighs everything else to do with my frustrations at matches.

I just love Derby County end of.

Mascarrell looked like a player proud to be playing for the rams last night. he dropped a bongo and his team mates baled him out. He looked genuinely impressed with the goals that we scored. I think that it entered his head last night that he would consider moving to Derby permanently. He could prove to be the replacement for Hughes who will go at some time. I think that he also realised why he does not play every week. Ibe is going to have to improve in a lot of departments if he is going to keep Dawkins, Russell and /or Ward out of the team. You have to work extremely hard if you want to play in the wide role. First choice gets 60 minutes, second choice gets 30 minutes. ibe is good enough for 30 minutes at present. we need more to Ibe's game that beating a few men spectacularly easily and than not giving a great final ball. Dawkins looked fantastic last night. On that performance

Hmmm both are decent and have there pros and cons. Wasnt it after we lost to Charlton that everyone called for Eustace to be brought back in as he didn't put a foot wrong all last season when we were 3rd?

I must of been dreaming it. Both do a job but I think Eustace let's the others express them selfs more saying that it seems Omar does more passes etc.

I just feel more assured with Eustace most of the time he's in the right position from experience. Could be due to not seeing much of Omar I guess don't mind either!

Archived