Photographs

JoetheRam

I want old (or new if good) photo's of our supporters. Players and managers come and go but the fans remain constant and I wanna see yer best pictures.

Whether the whole of the BBG, on the Popside, in the Ossie End, at victory parades, at protest marches, on Cambridge Street, outside The Vulcan Arms, fighting in the seats, pitch invasions, swaying terraces or near-deserted stands, on away days whether winning at Wembley or losing to Grimsby on a wet Tuesday night in January, scarves held aloft or dragged home in dismay. 1884 onwards.

Oh, and don't give me any standard 1st page of Google image search results either, I want good 'uns.

Feed me!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want old (or new if good) photo's of our supporters. Players and managers come and go but the fans remain constant and I wanna see yer best pictures.

Whether the whole of the BBG, on the Popside, in the Ossie End, at victory parades, at protest marches, on Cambridge Street, outside The Vulcan Arms, fighting in the seats, pitch invasions, swaying terraces or near-deserted stands, on away days whether winning at Wembley or losing to Grimsby on a wet Tuesday night in January, scarves held aloft or dragged home in dismay. 1884 onwards.

Oh, and don't give me any standard 1st page of Google image search results either, I want good 'uns.

Feed me!

Here you go, Shrewsbury away 1984. Some well known faces in that picture.

"http://i61.tinypic.com/1zzrrit" alt="1zzrrit">

:D

Those boys don't look particularly tough. Were they? Interesring to see a black guy in the crowd, not something you would expect to see in 80s football. Was this unusual?

3 black lads in that picture. 1 was the top lad in the DLF, Another was to be his successor. But the one that stands out and is probably the one you noticed, Is a lad i went to school with and still see in the south stand this season.

And in answer to your other question, there are some very handy lads in that picture.

3 black lads in that picture. 1 was the top lad in the DLF, Another was to be his successor. But the one that stands out and is probably the one you noticed, Is a lad i went to school with and still see in the south stand this season.

And in answer to your other question, there are some very handy lads in that picture.

All good news then...we were tough and progressive!

Those boys don't look particularly tough. Were they? Interesring to see a black guy in the crowd, not something you would expect to see in 80s football. Was this unusual?

I went to that match I remember Gordon Guthrie trying to stop fans going on the pitch .We had already been relegated to 3rd division when we lost 3.0 recognise a few faces in the photo.After the match Derby fans went looking for a fight in the car park behind the visitors end.

A bit unusual. Perhaps he wasn't very good at sprinting though, or his mates were not interested in him joining their disco funk combo. Perhaps he has just been photoshopped in to the picture, and it's Just an Illusion.

I went to that match I remember Gordon Guthrie trying to stop fans going on the pitch .We had already been relegated to 3rd division when we lost 3.0 recognise a few faces in the photo.After the match Derby fans went looking for a fight in the car park behind the visitors end.

Loads stayed over for the night and some broke back into the ground and spelt DLF on the pitch with broken seats.

Archived