Bucko has to play.....................

CBE

Keogh with either Shotton or Whitbread for me.... Think Bucko is still behind these two.... After ONE defeat and six clean sheets, one of the meanest defences in the league and top of the league. All done without Bucko.

Think hearts are ruling over heads on this thread.

Yes Bucko has come on leaps and bounds over the last 18 months.... But I don't dare criticise on here as my head will get ripped off and the thread will descend into a circus.... It's comparable to mentioning the Clough word with trying to discussing thing about Bucko.

We've done marvellous without him... Have we rode our luck? Of course we have. I do believe we've done the same with Bucko in the side too.

Keogh has been a marvellous leader this season. Especially sorting his off the field stuff out with the club. We hadn't lost a game since god knows when when Whitbread has started until Saturday.

Ditto not lost with Shotton either.

Fact remains for me I'm more confident with either Shotton or Whitbread partnering Keogh than Bucko....

Feel free to shoot me down in flames.... We are where we are.... And to coin King BIllehs phrase... It is what it is.

Four centre halves that could all get into the first team....

We could always bring in Darren Powell again anyone....

Bang your blooming heads together people!

Darren Powell.... now that was a low point of not just one but many seasons. Wasn't that the time we also "boasted" Dickov, Brian Hughes......ergh....average age about 37?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren Powell.... now that was a low point of not just one but many seasons. Wasn't that the time we also "boasted" Dickov, Brian Hughes......ergh....average age about 37?

I forgot about Brian Hughes!

If we go up, it's definitely a position I would like us to go after someone really good. (Caulker or a Hangeland for instance). However I also find it interesting that the highest average rating went to the guy with the most mistakes.

I would still personally portion most of the blame on Butland for the second goal against Wigan - has to do better with the initial shot instead of pushing back out.

Anyway, four players, I would like to think that we will win games with whoever we put out but ask the question a different way - which two would you not want to put out? Could you imagine Whitbread and Buxton as our two centre backs?

Anyway, four players, I would like to think that we will win games with whoever we put out but ask the question a different way - which two would you not want to put out? Could you imagine Whitbread and Buxton as our two centre backs?

No that would be pretty scary!  I think in a PL context CD is where we are by far the weakest.  If we got someone really classy I think we could do ok for a season with Buxton next to him - as I wouldn't put it past him to raise his game once more - with Keogh as backup.

Then if we stayed up you'd be looking for us to push on and get a 2nd top class defender.

No that would be pretty scary!  I think in a PL context CD is where we are by far the weakest.  If we got someone really classy I think we could do ok for a season with Buxton next to him - as I wouldn't put it past him to raise his game once more - with Keogh as backup.

Then if we stayed up you'd be looking for us to push on and get a 2nd top class defender.

So if we went up, you'd buy a new centre back, drop Keogh (captain) and play Buxton?

No he doesn't. No one has a guaranteed start apart from Martin and Forsyth purely because of good competition. We had over 600 minutes without conceding a goal without Buxton, we've seemed fine without him. Saying that he's better on the ball than Whitbread and Shotton. Clean sheets will win us games in this league. As Steve Nicholson has said, we need to concede about 10 less than last season if we want to go up automatically. Goals conceded cost Liverpool the title. Have to build from the back to have a solid team.

He'd get bummed in the Prem, sorry Bucko Brigade.

Check out his reaction to Forsyths back pass, Dembelee cruised pass him with ease.

Loyal, passionate, committed, sound bloke....

But also bang average footballer

Are you kidding? I can't tell if you're being serious or not  :lol:

How on earth can you place blame on Forsyth's back pass to Buxton - he's about 5 yards away, Usain Bolt couldn't have made that ground up - nevermind any footballer on this planet. 

While we're at it, we may as well blame the second one on him, too. Give a good balance.

Whether it's Bucko's fault for the goal or not, I can't see us playing such good football with Whitbread in there.

I agree.

By the way, that's as good a through ball from Forsyth as you can get. How was Buxton supposed to stop that. Until I saw it, I thought Buxton might have been to blame from what I'd read. Just shows you shouldn't believe everything you read.....

Archived