Doctor Who

AmericanRam

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure you will like it. It's about an oddball character, who keeps reinventing himself, never seems to have many real friends, other than some girl, oh and a raccoon - sorry I mean robotic dog. The things he gets up to can be quite far fetched, and his adventures take some believing. He has lots of battles with the big cheese of the Universe: The Master. He comes from Grimsby I think.

"Blink" and "The Girl in the Fireplace" were the two best episodes of the modern reboot, and stand alone perfectly well. Don't bother with anything involving Matt Smith or Peter Capaldi.

If you're into series arcs, then start from either the single Christopher Eccleston series one or the next one, which is the first with David Tennant, but linked with Billie Piper.

David Tenant's seasons were great, TV for (semi) grown-ups with some bits kids would like. Especially good when  they had John Simms playing The Master.

Matt Smith was good when he was with the wankworthy Karen Gillan, but the episodes with Jenna-Louise Coleman ('s character, nothing actually against her) were sausage and turned it far too much into children's TV with a few extras for grown-ups , and forced some shitty romance awkwardness angle in.

Peter Capaldi has been good so far, even with Jenna-Louise Coleman, as it's reverted back to not focussing mainly on entertaining the children.

David Tenant's seasons were great, TV for (semi) grown-ups with some bits kids would like. Especially good when they had John Simms playing The Master.

Matt Smith was good when he was with the wankworthy Karen Gillan, but the episodes with Jenna-Louise Coleman ('s character, nothing actually against her) were sausage and turned it far too much into children's TV with a few extras for grown-ups , and forced some shitty romance awkwardness angle in.

Peter Capaldi has been good so far, even with Jenna-Louise Coleman, as it's reverted back to not focussing mainly on entertaining the children.

I think it's fair to say my favourite part of this entire post was seeing that "wankworthy" had beaten the swear filter......

David Tennant with Donna Noble.

Unbeatable. Sad day when they finished.

Karen Gillan was really crap, Rory was dreadful.

Jenna whatserface is even worse.

I was a fair weather fan for a while, then my daughter watched it with her cousins one Christmas when she was three. Possibly a little inappropriate for a 3 year old, but she really enjoyed it, so I borrowed the Christopher eccleston box set from my sister and never looked back.

My daughter has now just turned 5 and we've seen every episode except for a few at the very end of david tenants, not seen his regeneration.

She has the occasional nightmare. But it's a great bonding experience. She gets very excited every Saturday now.

I'm not entirely sure what she gets out of it, via she can't possibly understand most of the science stuff. But she seems to be quite at home with the idea of time travel at least.

Weeping Angels episodes (especially Blink) are cool

The series with Catherine Tate is very good.

Of the current series the stories just seem to be a reboot of old stories to make us think the doctor hasnt really changed. I enjoyed the last episode though. I get a feeling thr season finale is going to be a big two or three parter that ties it all together.

I was a fair weather fan for a while, then my daughter watched it with her cousins one Christmas when she was three. Possibly a little inappropriate for a 3 year old, but she really enjoyed it, so I borrowed the Christopher eccleston box set from my sister and never looked back.

My daughter has now just turned 5 and we've seen every episode except for a few at the very end of david tenants, not seen his regeneration.

She has the occasional nightmare. But it's a great bonding experience. She gets very excited every Saturday now.

I'm not entirely sure what she gets out of it, via she can't possibly understand most of the science stuff. But she seems to be quite at home with the idea of time travel at least.

David tennants regeneration wasnt in a series. He didnt have time to film one. That year they made stand alone specials. The last of which was a two parter called the end of time with John Simm as the master (fantastic) catherine tate as donna and Timothy Dalton.

I recommend you get hold of them they are cool.

Karen Gillan is so fit, so I'd probably watch the episodes with her in.

Haven't seen Capaldi yet but he's an excellent actor so it's probably at least decent. Tennant was very good too but I would never go out of my way to watch it.

Archived