The Big Midfield Poll

Day

The Big Midfield Poll  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an abundance of riches! It's clear people think Hughes has come on a lot as he's the main man (36 votes at present count) though I'd have had him as first chhoice last season too.

A brilliant performance by Eustace to rack up 33 votes so far. We keep trying to replace him and he keeps coming back, proving himself indispensible to the team.

Bryson leading Hendrick 23 to 16. I think Hughes and Hendrick are the future, evidenced by their international successes and games such as the Brighton 4-1 playoff. By next season, I'd expect Hughes and Hendrick to be a more clearcut selection. That's how I voted, but I see why Bryson is still a lot of people's choice for the slot.

You do feel for the likes of Mascarell, Bunjaku and Koblenz, trying to break through, with Thorne on the comeback trail too. It's important to keep the cup run going to give some of these guys games to prove themselves and make them ready for the step up.

Hughes, Bryson and Eustace look the pick at the moment, but, we'll need to rotate to keep us fresh IMO. Mascarell and Hendrick are pretty good to bring in. Thorne will be the cherry on the icing on the cake.

There is of course the option of playing Eustace behind Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick and having just two upfront. Our full backs would then be required to push on more than now, using the widest of the midfield players to trade passes with and with the second forward given more freedom to roam.

I'm not saying we should do this but it does give us a Plan B.

There is of course the option of playing Eustace behind Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick and having just two upfront. Our full backs would then be required to push on more than now, using the widest of the midfield players to trade passes with and with the second forward given more freedom to roam.

I'm not saying we should do this but it does give us a Plan B.

Stuart Pearce just rang me, he's been checking the forum and wanted to know what Plan B means?

Archived