• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No

No

No

No

Smashing.

We haven't won at the Madjeski for ages, I think we may sneek a draw to be honest, but be prepared for a football masterclass. Just hope we decide to have a final shot on goal.

We haven't had a high scoring game for a while, so are due one.

A) Nope, but I didn't get the impression the result was ever under any doubt

B) Anyone realistic will be happy right now, we were never going to be running away with the league in the first few games. Still glad we didn't really suffer from a Wembley hangover

C) Being quite young, I can't ever really remember Reading being lower than a good championship team. But any team with Simon Cox in it will struggle, for me.

D) Can't tell whether Adkins got lucky at Soton or is genuinely good. He seems like a massive ***** to me, always has.

E) I think we're at the point where we should be expecting to win away games against teams that are 13th

A] ** We any of you at our recent League Cup game? How did you see it? Will it have any bearing on the game this weekend? 

Cup game, especially League Cup doesn't mean a thing, just proves that our bench is better than yours. But wouldn't mind it, IMO our bench is best in the whole Championship.

B] ** You

A) We won which was the main thing. I don't think it will have any bearing as we both played separate teams to usual.

B) It's too early to worry about league position if we would of taken some chances in the drawn games we would be top so we are not to far off the pace.

C) Yes I thought you would of had a good start always a hard team to win against as our recent record shows. It is way to early worry about your position in the table. All the teams in the championship this year have a chance at the end of the season.

D) Nigel Adkins done well at Soton but he hasn't shown that much for you yet. IMO I think managers should be given time to get his team the way he want's it. Better the devil you know. No need to panic yet. You can't buy anyone or change anything so you might as well see what happens until after Christmas.

E) This game could be a stumbling block, IMO if Keogh doesn't play then I can see you lot upsetting the apple cart. But as you said earlier we are unbeaten in 10 and if Keogh plays I think we will win 2-1. Not a good record at your place but we are on the up and we don't like losing, If we go 1-0 down the game will open up ad we will attack. That is when we are dangerous.

A) Comfortable win but neither team played their strongest 11 so can't see it having any bearing on this game. Although I did enjoy watching Ibe run rings around Gunter and I'm hoping for more of the same on Saturday! 

B) Can't grumble at the position we are but a few performances have been poor. On a few occasions this season we've dominated the first half of games but go into half time still at 0-0. I just wish we could take advantage of the chances we create in the first half of games.

C) Not really .... you had a tough start with games against Wigan, Ipswich, Forest and Boro all within your first 5 games. Added to that you've got what, 6 or 7 of your first team out injured as well?

D) He's a good enough manager to push for a play off spot but it's difficult when half your squad is injured.

E) Should be aiming to beat Reading but I don't think many of us would be too upset with a draw. You might be playing us at a good time because Hughes, Ibe and Keogh picked up knocks on international duty, Buxton is a doubt and Thorne and Dawkins are still out injured.

A] ** Were any of you at our recent League Cup game? How did you see it? Will it have any bearing on the game this weekend? 

Yes, i was there. And i thought Reading played well. We struggled a bit until Chris Martin came on.

A point might not be a bad result for us.

B] ** You

A] ** We any of you at our recent League Cup game? How did you see it? Will it have any bearing on the game this weekend?  

I was there in spirit.  ;)  But I did watch highlights after, and though we played pretty decent overall I think. Granted, Saturday will be way different in regards to both teams Starting XI.

B] ** You

No, but cant see it effecting it. Didn't both teams make 7 changes?

Too many draws that could have/should have been wins

You will probably finish higher but I'm not exactly surprised you are where you are. Your transfer dealings were very poor, Norwood I dont know alot about, Cox and Mackie both proved useless at forest.

Never really rated him, had a few good seasons at Southampton and did alright at Ssausagehorpe but past that, never really achieved and seems a tad useless.

We arent losing, only lost once to Cardiff, but we arent winning all that often. Can easily see this being a draw, Reading team may follow everyone else we've played and set up camp in your own penalty area, but I hope they actually try to play football.

A] Yes I was there, 6 or 7 changes each, and at the ipro, so not a great indicator for Saturday. I thought Reading didn't really have a go in the league cup match and I was always confident that we were going to win. I expect a close game on Saturday and if we're on it a 1-2 to Derby.

B] No grumbling, a solid start. It could have gone either way after losing the play off final but we kept the squad together. The biggest loss was George Thorne's injury but Eustace has stepped up again. Very happy with where we are at the moment.

C] Not sure what to make of Reading. Should have made the play offs last season and I would expect Reading to be close to the top 6 again by the end of this season.

D] Nigel Adkins seemed unlucky to lose the Saints job but then they did better without him. Steady if unspectacular.

E] We're on a good run and will probably turn the draws into wins when we hit our stride. We need not to lose Martin, and probably Keogh, to injury and we'll be right up there. If Reading play well it will be a close game, if we play well we win, unless the ref's a tw@t!

A) Wasn't there but it'll have no bearing on the upcoming game. No bearing at all. It'll be two different sides out because both teams rested players in the cup. Plus it'll be a more hotly contested fair because both sides know that the league comes first and the cups second.

B) No grumblings from me... but you'd be surprised at what some mardy folk will grumble at. Some of our more clueless fans expect us to be 10 points clear at the top. Most of us don't buy into that arrogance, and we know the label of "promotion hopefuls" is earned season by season, so regardless of what happened at Wembley back in May, we have to earn it again.

C) I am surprised actually but you seem to be suffering a hangover from the disappointment of not reaching the playoffs last year. Not many teams can suffer a playoff hangover without actually being in the playoffs... Quality will shine through for you lot I reckon, maybe you'll need to shake something up to get moving up the league though.

D)... which brings me to this... I wouldn't be confident if I were you. He might look like a maths teacher but his tactical decisions are never calculated. Looks clueless. Can't help but remind myself that he is a physiotherapist blagging his way into a managerial career! Time will tell though, it's not for me to call for his head.

E) One game at a time. We don't often do well against you lot and remember that we've just had an international break which often breaks up runs of good form. Plus, as McClaren said, there are too many draws in that unbeaten run. I'm saying nothing in terms of a prediction on how I see it going though. Won't say anything that could potentially make me look foolish  :)

Many thanks for the honest answers and for your time lads. I've uploaded all of them onto here, our members do read them: 

http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10193744/1 

Keep contributing if you've any other thoughts!!  :)

Ah, and our match thread is here: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10193740/1 Your forum is credited there as being the best Derby County forum around!   :wub:

Yes I was at the game, too many changes to make it meaningful but I felt both teams fairly evenly matched

B] ** You

I wasn't there but I watched the highlights. The first half summed was sort of typical of us at home this season - plenty of possession, few chances created but going in at HT 0-0. As for the game itself, it will have little bearing as both the teamsheet and mindset for league matches tend to differ greatly from cup matches.

B] ** You

D] Any thoughts on our manager Nigel Adkins? Will he deliver?

Great success on a small budget at Ssausagehorpe, excellent work with the Saints - he's no doubt a top manager and judging by the development of a number of young Saints players he seems a good coach too. 

.....but you previously argued that southampton were right to sack him.

I wasn't there but I watched the highlights. The first half summed was sort of typical of us at home this season - plenty of possession, few chances created but going in at HT 0-0. As for the game itself, it will have little bearing as both the teamsheet and mindset for league matches tend to differ greatly from cup matches.

B] ** You

.....but you previously argued that southampton were right to sack him.

Yes and they were.

Adkins did a great job there, Pochettino took them to a new level by bringing in foreign plyers for cheaper whilst improving tactics and perfrmances.

I got stick on here as literally the only one who backed the move, and it turned out to be a great move.

Now that we've got McClaren in charge, would I want the same for DCFC? Arguably not as I like the current set up, but I feel McClaren's advantage is his knowledge of football outside of the UK. Unlike Southampton when under Adkins, we're far more likely to pick a gem from abroad.

Archived