Sepp Blatter spot on with this

CumbrianRam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazes me that someone who wants to introduce a new or change an old rule every week, has still not got round to looking at a rule to stop corrupt FIFA executive committee members accepting bribes in exchange for awarding tournaments.

Amazes me that someone who wants to introduce a new or change an old rule every week, has still not got round to looking at a rule to stop corrupt FIFA executive committee members accepting bribes in exchange for awarding tournaments.

That's not fair. The guy in charge of looking into corruption is busy right now facing vile allegations of corruption.

Simple, you never get both teams timewasting, so only add the minutes on if it's advantageous to the team that hasn't.

For example vs Bournemouth all the time wasting was theirs, instead of adding 5 mins at the end, blow the whistle bang on 90, seeing as we were 1 up at the time.

That was in the League Cup where away goals don't count...

My mistake, I was watching it on a dodgy stream in Peru, with no commentary, so it's probably ann assumption I made. Still that assumption made it very exciting for me as a spectator. But had we scored I would have gave clearly ended up confused and disappointed when it went to extra time and Man Utd scored another 6.

That's correct or.....isn't it the play offs that have that rule not the league cup?

Anyway. That rule still amazes me to this day

Tried thinking of the positives for this rule and can't thing of any.

I don't think so, because if that was the case Southampton would have beaten in the play-offs all those years ago.

Unless it's only goals that are scored during extra time?

I'm sure i'm missing something here.. I like the away goal rule. Me personally thought it was to combat teams going away from home and defending for the full 90 minutes in hope of taking something in there Home game.

This will make them attack away from home instead of parking the bus and makes it more exciting.

Totally agree.....and the aggregate score is equal surely the team who scored more away, against the odds, deserves to go through.

If playing away was as easy as playing at home then teams generally would have away records which are as good or better than the home one.

If the clock stopped every time the ball went out of play, the typical match would last for around two and a half hours.

Fine by me.

There is absolutely no logic to the rule.

Football is a team game where defending is as important as attacking.

I suppose everyone knows the rules before kick off though so can adapt accordingly if they wish.

That's correct or.....isn't it the play offs that have that rule not the league cup?

Anyway. That rule still amazes me to this day

Tried thinking of the positives for this rule and can't thing of any.

play offs are the only ones where they don't count....

Feel like a joke is being set up here mind.... ;)

I don't think so, because if that was the case Southampton would have beaten in the play-offs all those years ago.

Unless it's only goals that are scored during extra time?

I don't know.

I'm sure when we lost to Sheffield units in the play offs we drew home game 1-1 then drew away 2-2 and it went to extra time. I can always remember thinking that they should of been out. They had 120 minutes to outscore us at home but we only had 90.

I don't know.

I'm sure when we lost to Sheffield units in the play offs we drew home game 1-1 then drew away 2-2 and it went to extra time. I can always remember thinking that they should of been out. They had 120 minutes to outscore us at home but we only had 90.

I remember that match - and so does Paul Peschisolido

I'm sure i'm missing something here.. I like the away goal rule. Me personally thought it was to combat teams going away from home and defending for the full 90 minutes in hope of taking something in there Home game.

This will make them attack away from home instead of parking the bus and makes it more exciting. I thought they already stopped time in added time when people were time wasting?

The fact that a 1-0 home win is better than a 2-1 or 3-2 away goals advocates defensive football.

Chelsea have proved this on countless occasions. Grab a goal against the run of play at Stamford Bridge and then just sit 10 men behind the ball and close the lines - resulting in an absolute bore fest.

The Liverpool vs Chelsea semi-finals around 2005-07 under Mourinho were amongst the worst 'high-profile' matches I've ever witnessed.

Atletico Madrid beating them 3-1 at the Bridge after their awful defensive tactics in Spain was one of the most satisfying games I've seen in a long time.

If the clock stopped every time the ball went out of play, the typical match would last for around two and a half hours.

You may or may not have been joking but the time a ball is in play during a 90 minute match is on average between 50 and 60 minutes

http://www.soccermetrics.net/team-performance/effective-time-in-football

Rarely more than 70 minutes of actual football in a game, and if a team is actively time-wasting it can be as low as 40 minutes!

Archived