If we got promoted to the premier league...

Eley1508

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ideal Lineup (Unrealistic I know)

GK - Ruddy if Norwich aren't promoted or Marshall if Cardiff aren't.

RB - Shotton/Christie

CB - Nastatic (loan)

CB - Nathan Baker (not great tbh)

LB - Fozzy/ Can Bellerin play there?

CDM - Thorne

CM - Hughes

CM - Hendrick

RW - Gnabry (Loan)

ST - Martin

LW - Russell

other loans Thorgan Hazard and Kalas

Raid any relegated teams

When we played QPR in the play off final, their squad or 18 had something like 1800 Premier League appearances between them and we had 19. watching QPR with all their appearances last week showed me that they had no team to speak of. Harry always buys a load of new players every season. He is known for  wheeler dealing. McClaren is know for improving players. Case closed. McCaren coached Man Utd to the treble and won the Eredivisie. he knows exactly what he is doing. He thinks that his present players can more or less cut it. He has signed thirteen or so players so he building for three seasons ahead. I cannot see MCClaren getting us relegated because he has so many good contacts. Why only one German player and no Dutch players? Next season he will get who he has already scouted.

RB - Shotton/Christie

CB - Nastatic (loan)

CDM - Thorne

CM - Hughes

CM - Hendrick

RW - Gnabry (Loan)

ST - Martin

LW - Russell

Raid any relegated teams

QPR & Burnley don't have much to raid...Ings and that's about it.

RB - Shotton/Christie

CB - Nastatic (loan)

CDM - Thorne

CM - Hughes

CM - Hendrick

RW - Gnabry (Loan)

ST - Martin

LW - Russell

Raid any relegated teams

You would have Jonny Russell in your XI ahead of Thorgan Hazard? Is that a joke?

QPR & Burnley don't have much to raid...Ings and that's about it.

QPR have Leroy Fer, a class Dutch player from Mac's Twente days, as well as home-boy Jordan Mutch. Would have both of them! I also believe there must be some quality young Dutch players who Mac worked with (contacts) that would prefer to play for us in the Prem (Quincy Promes, I'm looking at you!)

This is what I think would be the absolute minimum for us to survive

Gk - grant

RB - Christie/Shotton depending on opposition

RCB - Keogh

LCB - New

LB - New

DM - Thorne (New backup)

CM - Hendrick/Bryson

CM - Hughes

RW - any of our current wingers

ST - Martin (New backup)

LW - new

Which means only 3 first team signings, although I would probably like another winger for good measure

No massive chopping and changing as it's shown you don't do as well (without spending ridiculous amounts) I feel most of our first teamers will be good enough for us to survive at least

This is what I think would be the absolute minimum for us to survive

Gk - grant

RB - Christie/Shotton depending on opposition

RCB - Keogh

LCB - New

LB - New

DM - Thorne (New backup)

CM - Hendrick/Bryson

CM - Hughes

RW - any of our current wingers

ST - Martin (New backup)

LW - new

Which means only 3 first team signings, although I would probably like another winger for good measure

No massive chopping and changing as it's shown you don't do as well (without spending ridiculous amounts) I feel most of our first teamers will be good enough for us to survive at least

Pretty much agree, although Forsythe has defended really well so far this season, Trippier looked a level above last season, but not so good now he can't get forward as much.

Bucko seems to raise his game as needed, but Prem may be too far.

Don't think we'd need to spend a fortune to survive.

The likes of L. Naylor, T. Naylor, Eustace, O'Brian, Sammon and Freeman would probably be moved along should we acheive promotion and they haven't already gone elsewhere.  I would say Coutts might be in danger if his injury issues continue. Barker may find himself offered a contract with more emphasis on a coaching capacity as it is, unfortunately, looking more and more unlikely that he will make another appearance in the Championship, let along regaining enough fitness to appear in the PL on a regular basis.

The rest of the squad should be kept with other players coming in to provide cover, improvements and premier league experience.  If this squad does achieve promotion the majority of the players will have been good enough to get us there and, in my opinion, should be give a chance to play some part in trying to keep us there.  We would definitely need several new additions in a lot of positions and some players who are currently regular starters may find themselves relegated to bit part players but that doesn't mean we should get rid of them.  If promoted the aim should be to improve the current squad, not replace it.

All a bit ahead of ourselves this, but I agree with Nomad in most respects. I think the squad is well balanced and needs a bit of added quality for the Prem. A really good centre back, German or otherwise, real competition for Fozzy, I am assuming Thorne will remain fit when he returns, so I think only Bryso (ironically) may be the weakest link of the midfield should we go up, which brings me to the forwards where we will need quality to replace in Premiership standards the average ness of Ward, Russell and Best.

I really am surprised by a lot of posts here. I think we could play the same 1st team and do well. The PL is not a better version of the championship, it is almost a completely different game. That is why Burnley are struggling...as we did before. They had a very good high tempo direct style but we are a pass and move side, more akin to Southhampton and Swansea. There is more space in the midfield of most PL games, you don't see the tackles and closing down you do in the championship.

On to the actual players....

Grant- if he was in the PL he would be pushing 3rd spot for England and much better than Ruddy.

Forsyth- in his 3rd year as a full back!!!! And has been widely accredited with the best improvement both previous seasons.

Bucko- has proven most people wrong every season he has been written off.

Keogh- Already silencing the doubters with his performances this season. Also, a much maligned issue with the defence is from the arial threat, how much of that is there in the PL?

Thorne/Hughes/Hendrick- With a little more experience I think these three would push for a start in any PL team outside the top 5.

Bryson- possibly not a starter in the PL, but should not be let go.

All of the wingers on their day can change the game, keep them all but I think Dawkins would be suited to inside mid in the PL

Martin- better than Ulloa and he is banging them in for fun.

Archived