Reading v Derby County

PrivateDerby

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the top half so tight we're not going to take risks.A loss could send us down several

places,he knows his best squad and will stick with it.He will only change things with the

subs,where necessary.

The only doubt may be with Bucko's replacement,Shotton or Whitbread.

Reading is a classic bogey team and so this one will be tough to get three points from.  Reading's form in their last five: L,L,D,D,L.  They currently sit on 15 points and are 13th in the table.  With that being said, the Rams always seem to struggle for the most part when we play at the Madejski.

The cup match we played against them did not see them playing their main players, and of course that will be different this time.  Their main threat in an attacking sense is probably Cox or Murray.  Other than those two, I see no real threats coming from them.  Progrebnyak is a decent player, but has not really done much this season.  If we mark Cox accordingly, I think we will be just fine in this one.

Our starting XI I can see just a change for Ibe perhaps and a change at CB as well.  As others have said, I really have no firm idea of what Mac will do with Shotton or Whitbread if Bucko is not fit for  this one (Which I hope he is).  I could see Dawks getting a start as well if he is fit enough but would not shock me if Ibe started again or even if Johnny got the nod.

Will be a tough one, but away matches always are.  I will say it will be a hard fought one with several fouls and we will nick it late and win 2-1. Onwards and upwards.

Personally would play Shotton or Buxton (if he is fit), Whitbread passed back too much for my liking in the last home game which always kills momentum, though in an away game it might not matter so much, but he does seem to prefer very short passes of a few metres rather than being expansive.

Forsyth needs to work very hard on his distribution, both crossing and passing, in training to get back to anywhere near last years levels, he has been the most disappointing player going forward this time around, another one who has often passed backwards maybe through lack of confidence, though arguably his defending has improved.

Ibe I don't think is a certain starter as he has flattered to deceive in the last two home games, often taking wrong options, and his inexperience has shown. Perhaps it will still be a case of rotating the four wingers as they all dip in and out of form as none seem to be ultra consistent over a long period.

Would be nice if we could put some real long sessions in practicing deadballs until we improve and uncover one or two trusted experts in the field that we can rely on for a source of goals from these, something that we are missing in comparison with some other clubs, when games are tight they can be a lifesaver.

Going to this one, thinking we might get a win here but Reading seem to be a hard team to predict this time around and we haven't generally done that well down there.

PistoldPete2

Grant, Christie, Keogh, Shotton, Forsyth, Eustace, Hughes, Hendrick, Dawkins, Ward, Martin

3-1 rams win

grant Christie Keogh WHitbread Forsyth Eustace Hughes Bryson Dawkins Ward Martin subs Roos Shotton Mascarell Hendrick Ibe Russell  Best

No predictions from me kiss of death

PistoldPete2

Grant, christie, keogh, shotton, fozzy, bryson, eustace, hughes, ward, martin, dawkins, subs. roos, shotton, mascarell, russell, ibe, hendrick, best

youve got shotton in twice

Right, having missed out on Brentford away, think I'm going to try and get to this match. Does anyone know how easy it is to get to the Madejski from Reading station?

Last time I was at Reading, we asked a local how far the stadium was and he told us it was just down the road.

An hour and a half later, after trekking down the A33, we finally reach the ground.

I'd say take the bus, but I'm going to recommend walking it. It was sorta fun in retrospect. We did actually walk back after all as well.

Last time I was at Reading, we asked a local how far the stadium was and he told us it was just down the road.

An hour and a half later, after trekking down the A33, we finally reach the ground.

I'd say take the bus, but I'm going to recommend walking it. It was sorta fun in retrospect. We did actually walk back after all as well.

Yes I'll be taking the bus from the station as I did last year, theres regular buses up until about 2.40pm from the old bus station, Reading which is just a few hundred yards from the train station.

Right, having missed out on Brentford away, think I'm going to try and get to this match. Does anyone know how easy it is to get to the Madejski from Reading station?

Easy, but allow at least an hour, get a bus or a taxi.

It's 3 miles.

Grant, Christie, Shotton, Keogh, Forsyth, Mascarell, Hughes, Bryson, Dawkins, Ibe, Martin.

No Eustace? Has defeat written all over it

Mac was in the DET today praising Eustace's contribution. The old git's on 3 bookings and it seems to me the next chance Mascarell will have to start (apart from away at Fulham in the cup) will be when Eustace hits 5 yellows and is suspended. But we remember Thorne didn't get a look-in for ages last season when Eustace was on 9 bookings for ever, but managed to avoid number 10 as he knew hos starting spot would be in jeopardy.

Eustace brings us experience, which is something we lack without him. I'm sorry for Mascarell as I suspect he could be brilliant,but Mac is after consistency and grinding out results over a long season and I sense he's not going to take any risks if it's working reasonably well.

Mac was in the DET today praising Eustace's contribution. The old git's on 3 bookings and it seems to me the next chance Mascarell will have to start (apart from away at Fulham in the cup) will be when Eustace hits 5 yellows and is suspended. But we remember Thorne didn't get a look-in for ages last season when Eustace was on 9 bookings for ever, but managed to avoid number 10 as he knew hos starting spot would be in jeopardy.

Eustace brings us experience, which is something we lack without him. I'm sorry for Mascarell as I suspect he could be brilliant,but Mac is after consistency and grinding out results over a long season and I sense he's not going to take any risks if it's working reasonably well.

Two of the bookings were when Bryson and Hughes cocked up, and Eustace 'took one for the team' with ankle-taps.

Archived