Set-pieces

AmericanRam

We heard you the first time. "Good teams should have bad set pieces." You're barking up the wrong tree, brother. Just let it go. I am sure Mac will address this glaring problem, pronto.

What makes you think that? Has the situation not been the same for the year he has been in charge?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About time Simmo showed some of our players how to take corners and free kicks in my opinion. Some players would benefit from an hour after  training, working on some key skills. Alan Ashman  a manager of Carlisle United signed Hugh McIlmoyle from Leicester City and he was great with his right foot. He used his left foot for standing on. Alan got him doing left foot shots for an hour every night after training. One season later he was as good with his left as with his right. Our players are on three and four year contracts. Obvious incentive. get better, get more money. Simples.

I said this last month I think and was the same last season. We must be the worst team for free kicks and corners. I liked the idea last game with passing to Ibe seemed to work better then usual.

We need to sort this out for games which are hard thought as we had quite a few last game.

Martins free kick was decent vs bournemouth, could he do corners? Or would that nullify our attack, strange discussion when we play with attacking play of a front 3, ward should definatly leave them corners alone though, Forsyth could be worth a shout?

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Forsyth give it a go.Someone on this has to have some skill with them...

Archived