iOS 8

Day

Well I've noticed some pesky bugs, wouldn't have happened if Steve Jobs was still alive.

On the iPad (not checked iPhone yet) the keyboard covers the post box so you have to pinch to zoom in before you type. Also you can't upload images....anywhere, this forum, imgur, tinypic, , Photobucket.

You can upload to Twitter and Facebook tho.

Just thought I'd mention it before anyone comes on saying I've broken the forum. Other than those things it's the best iOS yet......just remember to turn off share location in iMessage if you tell porkies where you are.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be an update soon anyway for HealthKit by the end of the month, hopefully it's fixed then.

Oh one thing I don't like with this update is 4 more apps you can't remove, it's my phone I don't want tips, books, podcasts or HealthKit on my phone. Other than that it's bloody brilliant.

Can't really tell any differences other than the contacts across the top when you press home twice and the slightly different keyboard.

I downloaded a third party keyboard is swiftkey which is really nice. Only complaint with that so far is when you go onto a text you have just received, it covers half the text message conversation with the keyboard, so you have to scroll it down to see the latest message.

Plug it into iTunes make a backup, delete everything off the phone, install then restore the backup.

It's because it has to have iOS7 whilst 8 is installing, after its removed and your space is there. They are saying that anything below a iPhone 5 you shouldn't install

There was some fuss about these yesterday when they became available here. Some bloke got his, dashed out of the shop, opened the box and, in front of the TV cameras, promptly dropped the phone on the floor.

Quality telly.

Saw the video but that was Austrailia wasn't it?

Archived