Are we playing with 10 men?

unclej

If you went into the opposition dressing room before a game do you think they spend one minute discussing how to stop Martin? Come on! They talk about Hughes and Bryson, that's what they talk about.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are serious, then you are obviously on something, or just do not see the value he brings.

Impeach the American President! I didn't vote for you AmericanRam! who voted for you? How'd you become President then? lol

If i take Dave Daz Posh and the USA President Americanram all to a horse race, but i sneak my donkey in there, and trim his mane, cut his tail, wax his brows, clip his hooves, and then my donkey works hard, runs well, and even places in a few races where the horses are slow, could you lot still tell he's a donkey? Or would you think he's a fine horse? 

If you went into the opposition dressing room before a game do you think they spend one minute discussing how to stop Martin? Come on! They talk about Hughes and Bryson, that's what they talk about.

I suppose this is why he never has any time on the ball these days, cause opposition teams don't bother worrying about him?

Not sure which is more ridiculous, this or you suggesting we could've gone and spent

I reckon they probably do.

Dont get tight to him and he'll make things happen.

Agreed I didnt think he was great tonight, but still average at the very least and has been class overall for us. 

And for the record, compared to what i think of Martin generally, I thought he worked hard and played fairly well today (for him). He actually pulled the cart rather than just standing there eating carrots like he did at Florist. So that was a good sign! 

Martin. Can we afford the luxury of a player who contributes very little, is poor in the air, has terrible body language, tries the most ridiculously ambitious shots but pops up for the odd one now and again?

Ok, you are obviously out for a wind up but the boss says we can't abuse you. Personally i think he's wrong and we should be allowed to call you names. Still, no matter.

Martin contributes very little you say? Well you're wrong. I can't recall a striker who contributes so much to the overall play. His link up, and ability to keep possession, create chances for others and score goals himself puts him up there with anyone.

If we were to play a different style, say Pulis's Stoke or Davies' Forest, then Martin would not be your man. While we play a passing, possession based style then Chrissy baby is the daddy. He's a fulcrum, a pivot, a central point to drop in front of defenders, often taking a fearful kicking from behind in the process, bringing others into play, laying it off, playing one twos and little dinks. All this stops the ball going straight back down the pitch for us to defend.

His shooting boots have been a tad off colour the last couple of games but normally he strikes a ball really well. He'll hit a rich vein soon and knock in a few quality, match winning goals.

And you'll not mention him again for 6 months.

Quote from Blackburn forum:

The problem is two-fold ,Bowyer is tactically poor. ,Derby more fluid, tactically sound ,everyone knew their place. Secondly ,our formation suffers to accommodate Rhodes,who tonight was a complete passenger,Whereas Derby's Martin gave a display leading the line allowing their midfield the platform to dominate.2 up front doesn't work against well coached sides.

Archived