The Competition

Jayweb95

Majority of users on this forum are saying we aren't good enough and what not.. But in all fairness this seasons championship teams are above par. Teams like Norwich, Watford, Wolves, Charlton, Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday, and even forest all look like teams that can contend.. Not to mention Cardiff... Last season we didn't get running until half way through.. Boys don't forget we're only 6 games in... We have new plays, some new opposition, give us time to gel and find our groove and once that happens we'll go on our run of wins.. I know so far it's been a bit disappointing but I think we all need to be a bit humble.. We've grown massively over the past year.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Championship looks weaker. The smaller teams will fall away, and there are no teams which look as strong as Leicester did, in my opinion.

Long old way to go, obv.

would disagree about the strength part, Leicester are of course stronger though.. But wolves replacing Doncaster, brentford replacing Barnsley, and Rotherham replacing yeovil are all better teams. Norwich are stronger than QPR, forest are way better, Charton have got better, and Cardiff will do well.. Don't know what's weaker about that than last season.

I for one am not worried about the competition.40 league matches left and we are in good shape in the table.Charlton is better than I thought they would be,but I think they will eventually fall to midtable.

Best team I have seen play is Norwich.Even the Bees are playing well so far.I am confident of our team and see no reason we should not finish top six and challenge for top 2.Long season for all squads.

I for one am not worried about the competition.40 league matches left and we are in good shape in the table.Charlton is better than I thought they would be,but I think they will eventually fall to midtable.

Best team I have seen play is Norwich.Even the Bees are playing well so far.I am confident of our team and see no reason we should not finish top six and challenge for top 2.Long season for all squads.

This is something that annoys me, because it always happens, and you'd think anyone who had watched even a single season of Championship football would get the point. You will always face an early surprise (our loss to Charlton this season), only for it to be put in context as the season goes on. Every season we have a hard game against a "terrible" team early on, only for them to end up in the top 6, while we beat a "promotion candidate" and get ahead of ourselves, only for them to be batting relegation as the season progresses. We just don't know where teams are at until about the game 10 mark, and even then the table is extremely mobile.

This is something that annoys me, because it always happens, and you'd think anyone who had watched even a single season of Championship football would get the point. You will always face an early surprise (our loss to Charlton this season), only for it to be put in context as the season goes on. Every season we have a hard game against a "terrible" team early on, only for them to end up in the top 6, while we beat a "promotion candidate" and get ahead of ourselves, only for them to be batting relegation as the season progresses. We just don't know where teams are at until about the game 10 mark, and even then the table is extremely mobile.

Good points mate.I was just saying Charlton imo will falter due to their squad,but I do agree that it is hard to guage everyone else.Their are always surprises in the Championship so no telling what this year will bring.

Good points mate.I was just saying Charlton imo will falter due to their squad,but I do agree that it is hard to guage everyone else.Their are always surprises in the Championship so no telling what this year will bring.

no offense "mate" but without being in the UK it's hard to understand championship football.. I moved to Louisiana 8 years ago, I've recently move back to derby.. I thought I knew a lot about the championship while I was there but since I've been back I've noticed that being any you lose so much inside knowledge.. I'm sure a lot of us value your opinion but some things you say are a bit shocking. And you're AMERICAN.. No American says mate haha.

no offense "mate" but without being in the UK it's hard to understand championship football.. I moved to Louisiana 8 years ago, I've recently move back to derby.. I thought I knew a lot about the championship while I was there but since I've been back I've noticed that being any you lose so much inside knowledge.. I'm sure a lot of us value your opinion but some things you say are a bit shocking. And you're AMERICAN.. No American says mate haha.

I see mate on all the Derby things I post on here and other sites(facebook mainly), so I am just used to saying it :). I have not been to Derby for over 3 years now, so I am sure their is a lot of inside knowledge I need to be aware of.

Chill out. I don't think saying mate is limited to non-Americans only. 

I don't normally say Yo! or Yeehah! But I kinda like to when our ex colonials are here.

would disagree about the strength part, Leicester are of course stronger though.. But wolves replacing Doncaster, brentford replacing Barnsley, and Rotherham replacing yeovil are all better teams. Norwich are stronger than QPR, forest are way better, Charton have got better, and Cardiff will do well.. Don't know what's weaker about that than last season.

erm what about leeds, blues, fulham and blackpool? Some are better, some are not

Archived