The Paranormal/Spooky Stuff

Scott129

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you ever get over to Dublin, go on the 'Ghost Bus Tour' run by Dublin Bus. Visiting graveyards at night, hearing stories about Dublin's own version of Burke and Hare, 'corpses' coming to life on the dissecting table and the surgeon backing away in fright before falling out of the window and impaling himself on the railings below etc - great atmospherics and tales of Irish mythology as well as ghost stories (and you sometimes get the chance to win a Fionn mac Cumhaill tee shirt too).

But do I believe in ghosts?

Not a chance.

So did I. If it had been at night I think I might have freaked out. As it was, it really wasn't a big deal at all.

I wasn't spooked ( :p ) because I heard it was a ghost I saw a couple of weeks after the incident. At the moment I thought it was my old neighbour.

If you ever get over to Dublin, go on the 'Ghost Bus Tour' run by Dublin Bus. Visiting graveyards at night, hearing stories about Dublin's own version of Burke and Hare, 'corpses' coming to life on the dissecting table and the surgeon backing away in fright before falling out of the window and impaling himself on the railings below etc - great atmospherics and tales of Irish mythology as well as ghost stories (and you sometimes get the chance to win a Fionn mac Cumhaill tee shirt too).

But do I believe in ghosts?

Not a chance.

I wonder if you ever saw one you'd think the same?

I wonder if you ever saw one you'd think the same?

I'm sure that I would think long and hard about what I had witnessed, then come up with a rational explanation.

Ahh you say that now...of course you think you'd be able to rationalise it, I know, I tried.

And failed. Imagine seeing something in front of you, something you know you shouldn't see but is there. Your eyes are transfixed, you can't look away, you see it, you observe it, you pay it the attention it commands - and yet all the while your head is trying to prove your eyes wrong - but it's right in front of you...

I tell you without lying, it's probably the oddest but most fascinating thing I've ever felt.

Ahh you say that now...of course you think you'd be able to rationalise it, I know, I tried.

And failed. Imagine seeing something in front of you, something you know you shouldn't see but is there. Your eyes are transfixed, you can't look away, you see it, you observe it, you pay it the attention it commands - and yet all the while your head is trying to prove your eyes wrong - but it's right in front of you...

Tbf, often felt like that when Sammon came on.

Archived