Pistorius verdict

RamNut

He should NOT have fired any shots.

He should have shouted a warning that he had a gun, and had called the cops , not just blasted away.

Absolutely and why the judge said yesterday that he didn't behave in the way that a reasonable person would. Also why he didn't get aquitted.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should NOT have fired any shots.

He should have shouted a warning that he had a gun, and had called the cops , not just blasted away.

At the end of the day it's unlikely he's trying to warn anyone of anything. You've got to be absolutely brainless to think your girlfriend on the bog is an intruder worth shooting.

He might have got off on the technicality that you can't prove intent beyond a reasonable doubt, but come on, the guy has clearly got away (as much as 10 - 15 years is getting away) with murder.

Why are gun nuts such ******* weirdoes?

Even if we accept it was an accident I'd still lock him up for being a massive nob who is a danger to himself and others. There's no wonder he didn't bother to check the safety of his girlfriend before storming off towards the bathroom. I bet he was creaming himself at the prospect of using one of his toys in anger.

I believe he genuinely thought it was an intruder behind the door, however stupid or illogical his thought process was.

Not sure how he's got away with common-law murder though. As others have said, how can you fire four bullets and not think someone might be killed. 

Dont understand how that alone isnt enough evidence

Blame the Prosecution.

They were so intent on going after pre-meditated murder that they undermined their own case for the lesser murder charge as well.

For the record, I believe the lesser murder charge is what he should have got. The fact that he didn't is down to the Prosecution and the Judge concluding that there was a lack of proof of intent to kill, which considering he shot FOUR times, is.....odd.

The point I'm trying to make is that Pistorius is finished. He will have a rough time in there. And no one will touch him again for work.

Dunno. The IOC have already said he can compete in Rio if he's not in jail, and you just know that Pistorious: The Movie will happen at some point, along with the inevitable "My Story" (Auto) Biography....

• 1 month later...

He's got 5 years for 1st count. 2nd got 3 years, suspended.

Out in about 2 I'd have thought. Wow. That's pretty lenient for culpable homocide wouldn't you say?

Judge took all kinds of things into account - similar cases, no previous criminal record, his charity work, being an inspiration for non- able bodied people..allsorts of things.

She showed leniency and 'mercy' and took a 'balanced' view and refused to go down 'an eye for an eye' or the 'vengeance' route. But believed a non custodial sentence would not make the South African justice system look very good so rightfully went against house arrest.

But that girl is still dead. Is 5 years enough? I'd say no.

Archived