UEFA Considering "Sin Bins"

AmericanRam

http://m.mlssoccer.com/sideline/news/article/2014/09/05/ex-manchester-united-manager-alex-ferguson-uefa-considering-adding-sin-bins

I personally think this would be a terrible idea as the game would slow down too much imo.It works great for the NHL but would not so much for football imo.I agree their needs to be a middle ground between yellow and red cards,cut down on flopping,etc but I really do not think this is the answer.If their is more enforcing of existing rules, among other things it would not be needed at all I think.Thoughts?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://m.mlssoccer.com/sideline/news/article/2014/09/05/ex-manchester-united-manager-alex-ferguson-uefa-considering-adding-sin-bins

I personally think this would be a terrible idea as the game would slow down too much imo.It works great for the NHL but would not so much for football imo.I agree their needs to be a middle ground between yellow and red cards,cut down on flopping,etc but I really do not think this is the answer.If their is more enforcing of existing rules, among other things it would not be needed at all I think.Thoughts?

Sin bins wouldn't slow the game down any more than red and yellow cards do now. Play will have already stopped (ss it is now for a red and yellow card) and players rejoining the match come on without play stopping (like after injuries now)

Too American, shouldn't copy anything from American sports as they are all duff

Egg chasing uses sun bins though, and I'm pretty sure Americans can't peanut hug very well!

I think sin bins would actually be a good middle ground between yellow and red. Would be punishment enough for those players who 'tactical' foul, remove them for up to 10 mins (thinking back to when England played Chile last year, all they did was niggle and kick our players, and called it tactical)

Only one way to find out if it works, trial it in International friendlies and next year's pre-season games.

On the fence on this one, but I'd like to see it tried out at least.

I suppose testing yeah.I very much do not think they would work,but never hurts to try something just to see.

No.... Would be the slow death of the game.... Same with video technology reviewing decisions.... Would be too much for me.

Goal line technology and ball in and out of play for me.

I've got a great idea.

Stop ferking about with the rules.

Although I did like the fighting talk idea of a manager ticket. You get the option to buy a manager ticket and one person gets a raffle win where at half time they get to do the team talk, re-organise the team, and can sub one mate on if they want.

What exactly would be the point? We don't really need further sanction beyond the two, except maybe a way of punishing stupid, but not dangerous, play. Maybe I could see the logic in diving being given 10 minutes on the sidelines, and not having it count towards yellow and red cards, but for dangerous tackles, and particularly tactical and professional fouls, they really need to stay on the yellow / straight red system, that's what it's there for.

Additionally, it would just all more subjective calls for a single man with a whistle to be given conflicting messages about from all angles, and then be booed when his judgement call on the new rules don't match any one of the thousands of interpretations given.

Archived