Emergency grab what's left on loan suggestion thread - Autumn 2014

B4ev6is

This piece from HITC (but not Ambitious) ponders a move for Dutch defensive midfielder Wout Brama who played for the Mac at Twente and has a handful of caps. And is out of contract so available without a fee to another club (but of course that means it gets split between him and his agent instead).

I'd love Mascarell to step up, though I think the same for Bunjaku. But in the end the club's more important than developing individual players, whether they're ours or Real Madrid's. If the coaching staff don't think that' likely this season, I wonder if they're looking at Brama.

I'll stick me neck out and say bunjaku won't make it.

Very harsh i know based on one match.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I could sign a player that I have seen play against Derby this season it would be Hector from Reading. He out jumped Best all night. He is a great tackler and in my opinion could be a Premiership player in the making. I would try to get him at Christmas. McClaren could turn him into a fullback or centre half. After spotting him, I noticed that he was Reading's player of the month. I suggest that a permanent Player of the Month award and Young Player of the Month be set up on this board. these could be chosen retrospectively and kept as a permanent post throughout the season or set up a thread if people like the idea. POM (Player of Month) and YPOM (Young Player of Month) . So many young players. so one player could win both. Include U21s in YPOM?

Suggestion.

August       POM - Christie

YPOM- Calero

September POM - Hughes

YPOM- Christie

But Hughes is younger than Christie!!!!!

Plan B - POM from First team squad and YPOM is from U21s  Some may play for both but should be ok at that.

Derby looking at the loan market, Sam Rush has given the green light for a signing. #ITK

Well, Rob Dorsett tweeted it. 

Surprised as squad balance/harmony/togetherness is a key factor and we've already got a lot of players to keep happy. We have 4 loans currently in the squad (Shotton, Mascarell, Ibe, Best) so are only allowed one more. As with Dawkins last season, maybe we'll buy Shotton in January to free up another loan space?

Over the season we're allowed 4 U23 loans and 4 >23 loans and we've got 2 of each so far. If we took someone now that will mean there's only one berth available for the run-in in that category, for instance if we get injuries to Martin, Forsyth, or 2 central defenders. Also, isn't it max 2 from any one club? So we can only bring in one more player from Real Madrid or Liverpool, which is a bit of a blow...

Things look to be coming together. Unless there's a true game-changer coming in, I'd stick for now.

Not sure where we would start, maybe CB or CM? looks like a pretty full squad to me

GK: Grant > Roos > Morch

RB: Christie > Shotton >Freeman

CB: Keogh > Shotton > 

CB: Buxton > Whitbread > Hanson

LB: Forsyth > Naylor > Lowe

DM: Thorne > Eustace > Mascarell > Hanson

CM: Hughes >Mascarell >Bunjaku

CM: Bryson > Hendrick >Coutts

LW: Ibe > Russell >Calero

RW: Ward >Dawkins > Santos

CF: Martin > Best > Thomas

If Chelsea and Man   City can sign outstanding prospects aged about fifteen then why can't we at Derby? Tarrantino at Birmingham told Jim Smith about Maradonna aged 15 or 16 and soon realised that, in his words he had dropped a ricket. by not following it up. We have rams fans all over the country. Why can we not improve our network by spotting young players in our own areas and make more use of it. I spotted Rory Delap as a very good prospect when he was playing for Carlisle. Obviously it was not me that told Jim Smith but he did sign for DCFC and still works here. A list could be forwarded to DCFC by a representative of this Forum to the Rams. most of us can spot a really good player or just ask local scouts who is the best in our own area. Food for thought or pie in the sky?

If Chelsea and Man   City can sign outstanding prospects aged about fifteen then why can't we at Derby? Tarrantino at Birmingham told Jim Smith about Maradonna aged 15 or 16 and soon realised that, in his words he had dropped a ricket. by not following it up. We have rams fans all over the country. Why can we not improve our network by spotting young players in our own areas and make more use of it. I spotted Rory Delap as a very good prospect when he was playing for Carlisle. Obviously it was not me that told Jim Smith but he did sign for DCFC and still works here. A list could be forwarded to DCFC by a representative of this Forum to the Rams. most of us can spot a really good player or just ask local scouts who is the best in our own area. Food for thought or pie in the sky?

Thats adopting the principles of Stuart Pearce! Apparently all he does, is go to a club and ask fans who their best players are and checks them out! 

Connor Sammon, oh my word what a great talent he is...

:ph34r:

Just watched the Iceland-Holland game and the young lad playing up top for Iceland Jon Dadi Bodvarsson looked excellent and could I think provide great cover for Martin. He is 22 and currently playing in Norway. Probably be willing to come and be understudy and at 22 could develop nicely.

Archived