The England Thread

Dale The Ram

After last nights win I thought id have a look at England and the future of the team.

My Ideal lineup would be (no injuries)

in a 433 formation

GK - Hart

RB - Micah Richards (We seriously have an issue here but I think he should be given a chance when fit)

CB - Cahill

CB - Terry CAPTAIN (Here comes the haters)

LB - Baines

CM - Henderson

CM - Barkley

AM - Rooney

RW - Walcott

ST- Sturridge

LW - Sterling

Now that would be my team but doing this I see one great plus side. The front 4 of Walcott, Sterling, Sturridge and Rooney would give a headache for most teams we face but the defence is diabolical (Hanson reference)

Anyway, as I am only just 17 I have seen nearly all of the golden generation pass but now I fully back the restrictions on clubs on the amount of foreign players and give better opportunities for England youngsters...

Thoughts???

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ideal!!! I would get him out of retirement! im sure the team hotel in Brazil would have some activities for his liking ;)

Anyway what im trying to say is where is the quality cover??? I feel well struggle to beat the Swiss :blink:

Highly unlikely he would come back as he retired citing his treatment by the FA. He's a vile human being but sadly still England's best CB of the current crop.

After last nights win I thought id have a look at England and the future of the team.

in a 433 formation

GK - Hart

RB - Micah Richards (We seriously have an issue here but I think he should be given a chance when fit)

CB - Cahill

LB - Baines

CM - Henderson

CM - Barkley

AM - Rooney

RW - Walcott

ST- Sturridge

LW - Sterling

Now that would be my team but doing this I see one great plus side. The front 4 of Walcott, Sterling, Sturridge and Rooney would give a headache for most teams we face but the defence is diabolical (Hanson reference)

Anyway, as I am only just 17 I have seen nearly all of the golden generation pass but now I fully back the restrictions on clubs on the amount of foreign players and give better opportunities for England youngsters...

Thoughts???

Drop Rooney he's not performed for some time. Don't rate Baines for England either, he seems to be one of those players who good in the Prem but poor in the national team- pace or lack of is a big issue for him. 

This would be my england team

Hart

Chambers stones cahill shaw

Rodwell

Henderson barkley

Sterling sturridge chamberlain

Find it funny how you was taking a pop at the England squad the other day, also admitting you don't care earlier....then! Picking a team from the players that are currently in the squad apart from 2 which are injured Shaw and Barkley.

I'm partly agreeing that those good attacking wingers should be used as much as possible but to find one good one in the middle is very hard indeed. Best option at the moment would be Lambert and you won't go to major competitions to win with him. Sturridge seems to need someone beside him.

The other dilemma is central defence. Cahill plays well with Terry, but is average without that ****. And sooner Jagielka is dropped, the better. He's been tested and Jseen that he can't handle it. Someone else should have be tried in these kind of friendlies.

Roy will have some tough time to build balanced team. As Finnish phrase says: "You can make ***** out of piece of confectionery but won't be able to make piece of confectionery from *****."

in a 433 formation

GK - Hart

CB - Cahill

LB - Baines

CM - Henderson

CM - Barkley

AM - Rooney

RW - Walcott

ST- Sturridge

LW - Sterling

Thoughts???

That team would get found out so quickly, we'd get out played in the centre of midfield in no time, any striker with even a hint of pace will have Terry on his arse.

Couldn't be bothered to watch england v norway but......

We struggle to pick even 2 decent teams because of the lack of left footers.

................................hart

Chambers.....cahill.......shaw.......gibbs

..............jones..........wilshere

Walcott.......barkley........sterling

....................sturridge

Subs....a mixed bag

.....................forster

Walker.....caulker.......baker........cresswell

..............rodwell...... .colback

Ward-prowse.....Chamberlain......sinclair

..........................rooney

.....................Hart

Chambers Stones Cahill Shaw

......Henderson Wilshere

................Barkley

..Sterling Welbeck Walcott

It's not the strongest of teams but I honestly believe a side like this would go out and play without fear, which is what I want to see.

Walcott interchangeable with Ox

Sterling has Rooney challenging him for a place

Welbeck and Sturbridge fighting for the middle spot (I think welbeck brings more to the team overall, clearly Sturbridge is more prolific but he shoots 400 times a match)

Sterling/ Rooney could also play Barkley's role.

-------------------------------------Hart

Richards--------------Stones----------Cahill---------------Shaw

----------------------------------Henderson

--------------------------Wilshire--------Barkley

Walcott--------------------------Sturridge--------------------Stirling

Subs

Forster

Jagielka

Baines

Lallana

Huddlestone

Welbeck

Oxlaird-Chamberlain

Rooney

I think if Micah Richards stays injury free while he's out on loan he could really force his way back in, he looked very good back when Schteve was in charge.

I've had enough of Rooney starting, yes he's scored over 40 goals but a lot of those have come against lowly opposition in gimme friendlies or qualifiers.  The fact he's now captain after he stupid comments after the Algiria game in South Africa shows you how stupid Hodgson's thinking is.

Archived