Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Ovis aries

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

***** game.

Eustace is too slow.

The whole transition into attack is too slow. Buxton and Eustace the most guilty most often. Shotton also joined in. They kill us when we're getting pressed in.

Thorne solves everything.

I've gone from Eustace fan to Eustace doubter. He's so slow at everything

Spot on been saying for ages. The other midfielders suffer as Eustace does not supply the creativity so they drop deeper to supply that.

When Thorne plays, it frees them up and we start to feed off Martins lay offs.

Our success last year was midfielder getting beyond the front man.

Spot on been saying for ages. The other midfielders suffer as Eustace does not supply the creativity so they drop deeper to supply that.

Wasn't our success last year mostly with Eustace?

It was a difficult game to introduce Mascherel but sooner or later Maclaren will have to play him.

Thought Dawkins had an excellent second half, I'm with the opinion that fans are just going to slate certain players no matter how poor or good they are playing, I saw someone on twitter moaning about Dawkins staying on but Russell getting subbed when Dawkins was having the much better game, sad times we live in to be honest.

Really? Funny the bloke he was marking got MOTM. On an earlier point, Keogh left Assombalonga for the goal because Antonio had run through unchallenged. Shotton was behind him and I suspect gave him a shout However, Shotton didn't get a challenge in, even though Assombalonga fell over.

Christie for me on Wednesday

I take your point, but Antonio looked good, I thought a weaker player at RB would have got totally schooled

It was a difficult game to introduce Mascherel but sooner or later McClaren will have to play him.

I agree, McLaren did not have much choice but to play Eustace today. Thy have to work on an alternative in training though.

Would still like to see Shotton given a chance there.

Just about sums it up for me Cheltenham, I'd have been chuffed if Martin had tucked that away, come to think of it, I'd have been chuffed if Martin had done anything this aft.

Can't blame Martin, we didnt use him the way we should. First half it was like we had no midfield. Only thing Martin did wrong today was balloon his 2 shots

Just watched it again Shotton got better has the game went on and got more of a grip on Antonio think the tackle he should have been booked for helped make him a little worried about trying to run him.

Got to give the guy a little time to get up to match speed it was only his second game for ages.Not his fault for the goal Keogh left his man to run free and Shotton had to close the distance quickly and could not readjust quickly enough at the speed he was going.

We should be more worried at the moment at the lack of impact Bryson is having on games.

We should be more worried at the moment at the lack of impact Bryson is having on games.

We shouldnt be worried about it. He had an amazing season last year we know how influential he can be, but players do have ups and downs in form. When the team settles he will be back to usual. 

Wasn't our success last year mostly with Eustace?

Yeah I was a fan last year. Just think we've sort of become a faster more aggressive team since then and while he can fill in... I dunno if he can help us do what we want to do. I think he's a constant tempo killer and too slow to react to fast attacks by finding a good position.

I'm not saying he's ***** though. Just maybe we need something a bit more when the fluidity isn't quite there?

In defence of Shotton it was only his second game, he's not going to be match fit, and he's facing one of the league's best wingers. Yes he got skinned early on but second half he handled Antonio much better.

And in defence of the two players who get most stick on here - without Keogh we would have lost, simple as. Can't believe people are having a go at him for their goal, and Dawkins I thought played really well second half, playing inside and even left back. Both deserve credit.

Has anyone seen the sky highlights? I was out for the day and didn't hear or see the game. From them Derby had no chances from open play and it was all Forest and yet the stats say otherwise. Is this just crap highlights from Sky.....?

Archived