Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Ovis aries

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Highes was fouled at least twice and it wasn't given, the Eustace yellow card was totally unfair and that Keogh incident towards the end was laughable.

I'm sure he made some blunders towards Forest too, but I thought he was too eager to blow his whistle when it suited him. Forest must have had at least 10 free-kicks in or around our box, and Andy Reid seemed to win a free-kick everytime he was touched.

Yeah, really thought we got a way with a few things. Reid's yellow card was outrageous and how Shotton didn't get a yellow is quite incredible.

Forest had so many free-kicks because we kept fouling them.

Overall, quite satisfied with a draw. I do believe we showed in the second half, we quite the better side and should have won, but a point at Forest is always fine. Dawkins played better than I thought he would, and Hughes was class all game I thought.  Bucko played pretty bad overall, and his red card imo was justified.

I like how some Forest fans are really cocky about the league table right now. Their are 40 freaking matches left, tossers. I do think the ref was pretty bad overall. Not really saying he was biased, but I do feel he missed a lot of calls tbh on both sides. Ibe showed glimpses of what he can do, and Shotton picked it up in the second half though I do think Christie should have came on.

Pros: Hughes showed his quality and going forward and overall our toughness came through to get the point.

Cons: Few missed chances by Martin that he has to finish, and again some bad marking at times.

I know some may be dissapointed with just a point due to how we played in the second half, but I am quite content with it. On to Blackburn which will be another tough one.

Yeah, really thought we got a way with a few things. Reid's yellow card was outrageous and how Shotton didn't get a yellow is quite incredible.

Forest had so many free-kicks because we kept fouling them.

Reid was booked for disputing a decision I think. Agree Shotton should have been booked, disagree over the fouls especially on Andy Reid.

When a player had been clipped after making a terrible pass - why should this be brought back as a foul when the play has gone? If this was a rule then every header would be deemed a foul because of 'colliding' after the ball has been played.

P!ssed me off how many ridiculously small fouls he gave to Reid and then nothing when Hughes is blatantly shoved in the back forcing him to the ground.

That's a solid result, we couldn't have a worse time to play Forest and to get away with some of the blunders/absence's is just brilliant. If anything we looked a class above them at certain times throughout the game. Our link up play and passing was totally beyond their capabilities, but they kicked and rushed very well. Difficult pressing team to play against, which is why us dominating heavily at time is so impressive. That'll be one of our hardest away trips all year, good point.

Keogh was solid, shame about Bucko; but that's just his nature as a player. Hughes was the best player on the park by a distance, really grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck at times. MOTM.

Thoroughly entertaining second half.

Fair result that....

Hard to pick MOM.... But Keogh came through it well.

Bucko had a head **** today.

Will be gobsmacked if Russell is still here by end of season

Literally stunned that fans are saying the ref was biased.

I thought he dealt with a difficult game well, and if anything, was quite kind to us.

Didn't think the ref was good, but agree he was equally poor for both sides, wasn't bias at all.

Keogh and Buxton were fouling all game. Although Hughes did keep getting fouled, he does go down easy looking for it at times.

So hard to criticize after a game like that, Hughes was our MOM, all the rest did there jobs well with a few errors as pointed out, but for me, there are a few points, first is Bryson, so far this season he just hasn't been the player he was last, and Shotton, is he better than Christie ? I think he was selected over Christie today for his experience of big games, but, he got torn a new one by Antonio, and maybe Christie would have too, but going forwards against lesser sides, I would choose Christie.

That said, its good to take away their 100% home record this season. :D

I have a feeling it will be neck and neck in that top 6 this season, and I also think we haven't found our best formation/ team yet either with the squad we have now

Archived