Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Ovis aries

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you comparing that too? As you've said this is a new team, how do you know you can get better?

I'm not saying you can't, but you're just imagining a standard and saying 'well, my team can play to that because I imagined they can' - you could say they have played well in patches, just as every team in the country play well in patches, but that's a sorry indication over overall team performance. At least we're going off the back of last season and not our imaginations :lol:

I don't think you can judge either team by this game, really. It was clearly a game played on pure reaction and very few players had good games.

The players in the side who played 1st half of last season i.e. Hobbs, Reid Lihaj etc. And the new lads from their credentials.

Just been watching highlights of FL72 on skysports,and of course Buxton's red card was shown,Asswholebongolongo grinning from ear to ear like some demented gorilla,really hate him,hope he gets a real good clattering from a championship defender this season

Ouch!!!!!

Just been watching highlights of FL72 on skysports,and of course Buxton's red card was shown,Asswholebongolongo grinning from ear to ear like some demented gorilla,really hate him,hope he gets a real good clattering from a championship defender this season

Hope Rio don't read this :rolleyes:

I don't mind that he charged out.

How many times did we concede goals last season because we let midfield runners advance to the edge of our box and shoot? Far too many times. The whole issue of closing down was something we needed to improve on.

Yes, it was Buxton's man and Assombalonga was Keogh's. But, for me, Buxton hesitated and dithered and I think it's encouraging to see the captain take charge of the situation and try and do something about it. Poor judgment but, if no-one closed him down, they'd have probably scored anyway.

Buclo took a position that would make antonio either have to round him, take a shot or pass wide. The first two ae difficult options and not an easy path to a goal. Keogh leaving his mam gave an easy pass to a player in space in the area.

Would love him in our squad.Pace, aggression, power in the air and on the ground. What's not to like? If I had been battling with Bucko all afternoon and he did what he did I would be grinning too.

So your imagination then  :lol:

If a team can be top of the league whilst only playing at 70% most of the time, then it stands to reason that this group are quite decent. Surely even you can see that?

Flipping this round, how do you know that you will be any good this season? Not saying you won't be but there's already talk that Bryson has reverted to type after his freak season. Martin has a pretty average record before last season as well. These same players were perennial mid-table players under Clough so is it not a possibility that that's what they are and that this season you'll see them resume their default level?

If a team can be top of the league whilst only playing at 70% most of the time, then it stands to reason that this group are quite decent. Surely even you can see that?

Flipping this round, how do you know that you will be any good this season? Not saying you won't be but there's already talk that Bryson has reverted to type after his freak season. Martin has a pretty average record before last season as well. These same players were perennial mid-table players under Clough so is it not a possibility that that's what they are and that this season you'll see them resume their default level?

We have evidence of our team playing well and leading us to third in the league as we have kept the majority of our side.

You are hobbling a bunch of players together and saying their individual performances are 70% of what they are capable of, neglecting the fact that they have no record of playing as a team, hence why you are imagining it. 

You clearly didn't get it when it was explained earlier, so I assume the penny will fail to drop this time too. 

You could do very well this season but I have my doubts, If you can keep Assombalonga (who looks a good if very expensive player), Antonio and Macienne fit for the majority of the season then you should be top 6. If they get injured then you'll probably be top 10 as the rest of your squad is very ordinary.

As for us, if we don't pick up then top 8, if we do get last seasons form back then top 3 again.   

Archived