Forrest Gumps Away

Jayweb95

Does the play-off final class as an away game?

I guess it doesn't, but just wondering as I only went to 7 away games last season without it.

Also, do I just rock up at Pride Park with the ticket stubs from the other games I went to?

No the away games had to be booked via DCFC I believe. If you paid on the gate they wont count. Someone correct me if that's incorrect.

Good point about the play off final.. Technically neutral so probably won't count.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No the away games had to be booked via DCFC I believe. If you paid on the gate they wont count. Someone correct me if that's incorrect.

Good point about the play off final.. Technically neutral so probably won't count.

Thought so. Think I paid on the gate at Donny and Birmingham too. Makes sense as the play off tickets were through a 3rd party weren't they? Ah well.

Love being a away member... :D Oh and what your problem with that B4? :mellow:

If you are a season ticket holder who goes to loads of away games but want an away membership to make sure you get a ticket for this 1 particular game then that's fair enough I suppose.

However there will be a significant number of people who wont go to another away game this season who have been given the chance by the club to go straight to the front of the queue to get a ticket for 'the big one'...just for handing over

Its been said countless times, but the priority should be something like:

Away members (membership gained automatically for anyone (season ticket or not) who attended x amount of games last season. 12-15 seems pretty fair).

Season ticket holders who also went to between 8 and 12/15 away games in the previous season.

Fans without season tickets who went to between 8 and 12/15 away games in the previous season.

Home season ticket holders.

General sale.

This should be the priority for any match that doesn't take place at Pride Park, be it Forest away or the play-offs.

That way the die hard away fans get priority, then fans who follow us at home and regularly away, then regular away fans, then the stay at home types.

Will not happen though when the club can get away with charging

Its been said countless times, but the priority should be something like:

Away members (membership gained automatically for anyone (season ticket or not) who attended x amount of games last season. 12-15 seems pretty fair).

Season ticket holders who also went to between 8 and 12/15 away games in the previous season.

Fans without season tickets who went to between 8 and 12/15 away games in the previous season.

Home season ticket holders.

General sale.

This should be the priority for any match that doesn't take place at Pride Park, be it Forest away or the play-offs.

That way the die hard away fans get priority, then fans who follow us at home and regularly away, then regular away fans, then the stay at home types.

Will not happen though when the club can get away with charging

Most other clubs have some sort of loyalty scheme. Obviously no scheme pleases everyone but the 1 used at clubs like Sheff Weds seems reasonable. Over the course of a season a fan's loyalty is judged along these sort of lines lines.

For every home game you attend 10 points, for every away game 20 points.

A ST holder gets 230 points automatically therefore. Those that go to plenty of away games will then build up loads of points and get top priority for in demand away games, but if they don't attend any away games then they are stuck on 230.

Non ST holders may attend 15 home games for example, getting 150 points BUT once they start going to away games they will soon build up more loyalty points than the ST holder who doesn't go away. 

And then the club could decide-at it's discretion- to award 30 points for Boro or Ipswich away on a Tuesday night, This might ensure we NEVER bring less than 300 there ever again!

Most other clubs have some sort of loyalty scheme. Obviously no scheme pleases everyone but the 1 used at clubs like Sheff Weds seems reasonable. Over the course of a season a fan's loyalty is judged along these sort of lines lines.

A ST holder gets 230 points automatically therefore. Those that go to plenty of away games will then build up loads of points and get top priority for in demand away games, but if they don't attend any away games then they are stuck on 230.

Non ST holders may attend 15 home games for example, getting 150 points BUT once they start going to away games they will soon build up more loyalty points than the ST holder who doesn't go away. 

And then the club could decide-at it's discretion- to award 30 points for Boro or Ipswich away on a Tuesday night, This might ensure we NEVER bring less than 300 there ever again!

I was one if the 300 at Ipswich and Boro.

This seems the fairest way, could be done automatically by computer, but wouldn't help people get tickets for early season games, like Forest, unless you based it on previous seasons tally until a certain date, say 1st Dec.

Also makes no allowance for pay on the day, guess they'll never be a perfect answer

I have bought a team shirt for the last 9 years in a row - does this entitle me to jump ahead

of yous lot!!!

Only if you have purchased the whole kit and proudly wear it around town. Full kit ****** stylie..

For 9 seasons though and then you are ahead of B4 only.

I was one if the 300 at Ipswich and Boro.

Did we lost 2-0 to a Adam Johnson double? If so, I was one of them as well

We only had six subs and used two of them in the first 20 minutes. I think Southgate got sacked as well because beating us by two goals obviously wasn't good enough. 

I can't see the problem with it at all.... It's only 40 quid and if anyone REALLY wants to go to the Forest game then pay the 40 quid or get a ticket in the home end.

And, just on the off chance that we are in the same league as them next season, it will be the same next season.

Archived