So are you happy with the transfer so far then?

DEL

For me yes I am very happy with that as long with Ibe in, then this squad looking quality and everything covers all positions. Decent transfer so far for us :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you could really complain. Arguably, we have improved at every position.

Roos now back up to Grant - I believe he's better than Legzdins

Christie instead of Wisdom - Wisdom better defensively, granted, but Christie has been great at both ends so far.

Shotton is great competition and is a capable starter if he can work his way in.

We signed Thorne - remember?

Mascarell looks capable, just needs time.

Best is a much better striking option than Sammon

Ibe, I'm willing to wager, will be more suitable out wide than Bamford.

Don't forget we've also brought in a handful of really exciting youngsters for the future in Calero, Bunjaku etc.

I don't think you could really complain. Arguably, we have improved at every position.

Christie instead of Wisdom - Wisdom better defensively, granted, but Christie has been great at both ends so far.

Shotton is great competition and is a capable starter if he can work his way in.

Don't forget we've also brought in a handful of really exciting youngsters for the future in Calero, Bunjaku etc.

Not much to add.

Maybe those new contracts could be counted as a transfer activity too? at least those have effect to it, for example Bryson.

Not happy at all, the quality of cover is too high, it's going to upset the balance of the side. That's why Sammon was a great option, he never threatened Martin's place and therefore McClaren was never tempted to let him start.

In all seriousness, if we get Ibe then on paper we're far stronger than we were last season. My only doubt was replacing Wisdom, which was always going to be difficult, but Christie is looking very exciting and seems to offer a lot more going forward and he's played a huge part in the goals which beat Rotherham and Fulham.

Not happy at all, the quality of cover is too high, it's going to upset the balance of the side. That's why Sammon was a great option, he never threatened Martin's place and therefore McClaren was never tempted to let him start.

In all seriousness, if we get Ibe then on paper we're far stronger than we were last season. My only doubt was replacing Wisdom, which was always going to be difficult, but Christie is looking very exciting and seems to offer a lot more going forward and he's played a huge part in the goals which beat Rotherham and Fulham.

nothing wrong with a bit of strength in depth mate 

With all the noise from Calero and Santos I've completely forgot about Bunjaku, how's he been playing in the U21s?

My mate is a Stokie ,the e-mail exchange went like this .We've just signed Ryan Shotton any good ?

He works hard.

He's crap then

He has a good game every now and then,I doubt if he will be a regular starter for you mate.His he loan or permanent ?

Loan with view to buy [guess at the time]

That will be a loan then.

I don't know enough about him so I will take as I find, the other signings happy with. Decent squad especially if we have the German cb to come.

I am very content overall with the transfers we have brought in.Granted,Thorne getting injured is still hard to take.Anyway,Roos is a very solid backup for Grant who I feel comfortable would do fine called upon.

Christie was one I admittedly was on the fence about,but now I am quite glad he did come here as he has been quality and a suitable replacement for Wisdom.Omar is still raw but has shown he has some skill.Best has not played too much,but when he does he has been strong on the ball and can create space with size,very happy he is a guy we can bring on if need be.

Shotton yesterday was very good news.He is still young and can play multiple positions which we need.If we get Ibe or even if not,I feel we have the best depth by a mile in the league.The young ones like Calero have been class as well.

Extremely happy. Remember pre Thorne announcement everyone on here was fretting? Imagine if someone had said we'd sign Thorne, Best, Mascarrell, Shotton and Ibe! (I think Christie was signed before Thorne?)

Obviously the Thorne injury damaged our summer hugely, but even with it and the contract extensions it's been hugely satisfying and refreshing

Archived