Official: Ryan Shotton joins Derby on loan, with a view to a permanent deal

Cam the Ram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have read the comments and I'm still unsure about whats he been signed as... From his interview he doesn't sound like he thinks he's here as a utility/ back up, so I wonder where he's gonna play, cos I'm not sure either what his best position is ..? Sounds like good cover for a couple of positions, but that would mean he's on the bench unless someone is injured ? I guess we'll see

Like a secret santa?

I suspect we were in for him when we expected Christie to be in the U21s and pushing for a first team place. 

As it is, Shotton will have to bide his time for a start in the league (am sure he'll play in the cup along with Whitbread, Best, and Hughes who all will want a game)

Grant / Roos

Christie / Freeman

Keogh / Shotton

Buxton / Whitbread

Forsyth / Naylor

Mascarell / Eustace

Hughes / Hendrick

Bryson / Coutts

Ward / Ibe

Russell / Dawkins

Martin / Best

Really good team, strength in depth and plenty of youngsters with potential out on loan and in the u21s.

Exciting times ahead for Derby!

Been reading around and his on his loans he has played centre half or right back. At his last loan Wigan he said he wants to play centre half which is where they played him. Pulis did play him right mid though. He has never played DM from what I can see.

Basicly just what we needed. Competition to RB/CB slots

Got numerous Stoke fan friends who were saying it would be disastrous for us to sign him - had a really poor time of it over the last couple of years by all accounts. One of them similar to Best for me - he should be eager to prove a point, and no better place to do that at the moment than with us. Whenever i've seen him play i've thought he looks decent - albeit pretty invisible for Wigan last season in playoff semi's.

I personally am really happy with the signing - he's got a Delap-esque long thow too which could be an additional string to the ram shaped bow...

is he here to play in the first team or backup for whenever keogh/buxton cant play for whatever reason? I take it he's going to be ahead of whitbread?(who i think is simply not good enough and against any fast/skillful opposition cannot defend well enough. against poorer opposition he is fine.)

Archived