Official: Ryan Shotton joins Derby on loan, with a view to a permanent deal

Cam the Ram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DERBY County have signed Stoke City's Ryan Shotton on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

The 25-year-old is a versatile defender-cum-midfielder.

He has a year to run on his contract at Stoke where he has made 69 appearances and scored twice.

Standing at 6ft 3in, Shotton plays as a right-back and has also figured in midfield, although Derby might also see him as a centre-back. He possess a long throw-in.

He goes straight into the squad for tomorrow's Capital One Cup tie against Charlton Athletic.

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-land-defender-Ryan-Shotton-Stoke/story-22816696-detail/story.html#Y9jpM6sjorfyFwMF.99

Really happy with this.

Pretty confident Ibe will sign this week as well. If he does then we have a very very strong squad. Infact one of the strongest squads we have had in a long time.

The Ipswich game we could have this :-

Grant, Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Eustace, Bryson, Hendrick, Ward, Martin, Russell.

Subs:- Roos, Shotton, Mascarell, Hughes, Ibe, Best, Dawkins

That is a brilliant squad. With options everwhere.

I cant get Whitbread, Naylor, Freeman etc on my bench.

I have read the comments and I'm still unsure about whats he been signed as... From his interview he doesn't sound like he thinks he's here as a utility/ back up, so I wonder where he's gonna play, cos I'm not sure either what his best position is ..? Sounds like good cover for a couple of positions, but that would mean he's on the bench unless someone is injured ? I guess we'll see

Archived