Official: Ryan Shotton joins Derby on loan, with a view to a permanent deal

Cam the Ram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says on Wiki he left Wigan in Jan?

He did.

He was on the bench a few times for Stoke after that but was always an unused substitute.

Yeah I got it wrong, just heard his interview, he was there for the first half of last season. Defo saw a Wigan game he played in where he looked average. Maybe it was at the DW when we ended Coyles reign

Unused sub that day.

Pretty decent acquisition all in all. Experienced, looking for a challenge, still reasonably young, can play numerous positions and provides competition. What is there to object to!?!

I agree.He has some experience playing in the premier league as well as for his country and is a utilty man that we can sub in or start at more than one position which is always nice.Overall,I am very pleased with this as we now have imo the best depth in the league.

Shotton is a player, who a couple of years ago, was very highly rated. The truth is that the last 12 months haven't been kind to him, but that is often the case with former Premier League players at this level. 

I don't see where he fits in, but given our defensive cover and his versatility, I think he's a good signing. 

Christie has started way better than anyone could have anticipated, and I don't see him slowing down for a second. I also think, like Mascarell and Thorne, he won't be thrown straight into the first team and will have to earn his place. I also don't see how this affects Keogh's situation in the slightest. 

Reading through the scfc forums there are some mixed views but in short he started out as a quality (youth) CB and has since played everywhere bar keeper. Indeed playing up front and scoring too.

Having a fresh start at a decent, well-coached club,away from the goldfish bowl of his home town club could be exactly what he needs.

I always thought he looked good at Stoke under Pulis. Played mainly at RB but I am sure I saw him play up front (and score) in the UEFA cup for them.

I wasn't 100% sure have I seen him upfront but now when you said it, I can be your sidekick.

Better target man than Moxey.

Archived