Ryan Shotton to Derby "close" - Sky Sports News

McMuffin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big problem is Keogh - and him refusing to commit to a new contract. Obviously it's a personal thing , but as the captain everyone is and would be looking to him to commit to the cause. To be frank, if he doesn't sign within the next week then we will have to get rid in my view. Whether you like or rate him, the timing for these major changes wouldn't be good.Suppose the other side of the coin might be that if he is just looking to play out his existing contract this season then he should be trying to play out of his skin to make sure his worth is as high as possible at the end of the season.It's disappointing and a little surprised there hasn't been a bit more negative comment sent his way on the topic - right or wrong.

What utter ******. Just because a deal hasn't been announced, doesn't mean he is refusing to sign a new contract.

is it plausible that Shotton is coming to replace Keogh ....? Keogh still hasn't signed a new contract and could be available on a free in January ..... just a thought

I have said a number of times that I think this is why his and Martins new contract offers became public as if our captain doesnt commit his future like the players around him have then we have no choice but to sell.

Burnley been linked with him in the past but turned to Craig Dawson but not getting him, if Keogh turns down a deal I think he will go there.

We are not Man City!!!

I dont see the point in having two first teamers for every single position.

I rate Whitbread and hes been involved in promotions with norwich and play off campaigns with fester.

We dont need any more DMs, and if Christie has a short term injury then Keogh has played there before.

Macca seems to be turning into Harry Redknap

Buying squad players for the sake of it!

Does seem odd, perhaps he knows something we don't, like one of our CBs leaving before the window ends???

Pretty sure he has a very long throw and replaced Delap in that sense at stoke....useful weapon to put teams under pressure late in games

That's true, although his throw wasn't quite as long as Delap's.  He seems to view himself as a centre-back, says it's his favourite position.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/431496/Ryan-Shotton-playing-a-central-role-for-Wigan

Bryson and Keogh - double swoop by Burnley  -  whats the odds ?????

100000000000000000/1

We need a squad, two players good enough for each place in the team, backed up by a decent youth setup. We have got that. Any player we sell (bar Freeman and T.Naylor) we will have to replace.

Archived