Patrick Bamford-Is he overrated?

South Ram

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he has what it takes to be a 20 goal a season championship striker and with a little more time served at this level could develop nicely into a 16-20 goal a season Premiership striker in time.

He is a greedy git infront of goal, but you need to be just that to be a successful striker at the highest level.

Time will tell I suppose.

I would love to see him back here though I was very impressed by him last season.

!

Who actually overrates him?

The only time i heard stuff about him being brilliant was when the gumps sold him to Chelsea.

He needs a team to play to his strengths but with the right set up he could flourish. He's certainly a good finisher.

He would have been better off playing 100 games for the gumps before taking the prem cash though (as in ability, not wealth obviously)...

I think as his all-round game develops and he gets physically stronger he could turn into something almost as good as he himself thinks he already is.

For now he's a goal scorer - not too bad in itself! To be fair though I thought he started to get much more involved with team play for us towards the end of last season. If he'd had a few more minutes at Wembley? - we'll we'll never know!

Good player, not great at the moment. Playing wide did not suit him when at DCFC.

Natural talent and a goalscorer but not intelligent enough imo. Too many bad decisions to be Premier standard at the moment.

Time will tell, although he should be further on in his development I believe.

Archived