Overrated or Overpriced Players

AmericanRam

Just saw this tidbit from the Daily Mail about overpriced English players.In my view their are several players out there who are either highly overrated or overpriced.Who do yall think is one or both? These are some of mine in no particular order:

Andy Carroll

Wayne Rooney

Falcao

Sergio Ramos

Joe Hart

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to see some overpricing just watch what Manure will have to pay over the next couple of weeks. If, as we all do, we think they paid over the odds for Shaw and Fellaini, I bet their next 2 or 3 signings will be eye watering prices. Their team is not good enough - frankly Ferguson left it in decline even if they were Champions - and they need 2, 3 arguably 4 new players to give themselves some chance of getting into the top 4 this season. If I was a selling club and Woodward came knocking I think I might think of a number and then double it. And you know what, the more I think about it, the fu$#ing funnier it becomes.

Few names have surprised me here, Sergio Ramos and Ribery being two of them.

Superb players have have been amongst the best in the world. Both Bayern and Real Madrid wouldn't have won the Champions League in recent years without them - especially Real Madrid as Ramos scored the last-minute equaliser plus the goals in Munich on the semi-final.

As foreign players go though, I'd definitely say Falcao is overrated and even James Rodriguez - I can't believe RM bought him and for the price they did.

English ones are easy. Gerrard, Rooney and Ashley Cole being a few. Always bemused me how Ashley Cole was rated the best left-back in the world when he offers nothing going forward - Eric Abidal was such a better player.

I think Alexis Sanchez is massively overrated too. He really struggles with basic ball control at times and Barcelona's passing was too quick for him - Pedro was the better player IMO.

Archived