Cliff Richard

Day

Lets not descend into puerile puns based on the titles of his songs lads and lasses.

"We're all going on a bummer holiday", would be one to avoid as an example.

"Mistletoe and schwein", would be another.

we've reached new depths.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a couple of hours or so away, hmm, if he's done no wrong, why doesn't he adopt an "I'm not having this" kind of attitude ? I'm going back home to sort this out for once and for all.

Maybe his lawyers have advised him to stay put who knows but I know if I was accused of anything let alone something serious and I knew I hadn't done it I'd be pulling out all the stops to clear my name and reputation.

Just look at his discography... it's so obvious.

First album - Cliff Sings (...sweet lullabies to young boys)

In 1961 he had 21 Today (... or at least that's what he told me)

1967, he had Don't Stop Me Now! (Police, please don't)

The list goes on...

1970, About That Man (who was underage)

In 1978 alone, he had two albums which were a little suspect... Small Corners (that I try to squeeze in) and Green Light (I'd have driven through a red one anyway)

Perhaps the most obvious is in 1979, with Rock'n'roll Juvenile (I don't even need to edit this)

I could go on...

What's sad in all this.... Is that a lot victims were just ignored for decades. I mean in all the cases that have come out.

The police and the powerful elite should be ashamed who helped facilitate this.

What makes me even more annoyed is the press involvement. You telling me not one journo knew about all this happening? And now they are crowing about cover ups etc.... I firmly believe most of the press were in on all of it too.

Or maybe I'm just a cynical to ss pot with nowt else better to do.

I hope the victims get justice.

I'd say the raid was all about getting maximum publicity and flushing out more allegations, rather than a genuine search for evidence relating to an incident in Sheffield.

Lets not descend into puerile puns based on the titles of his songs lads and lasses.

"We're all going on a bummer holiday", would be one to avoid as an example.

"Mistletoe and schwein", would be another.

punniest post of the year......sorry Boycie :lol:

I'd say the raid was all about getting maximum publicity and flushing out more allegations, rather than a genuine search for evidence relating to an incident in Sheffield.

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Police, who are leading the investigation, said:

'Since the search took place, a number of people have contacted the police to provide information and we must acknowledge that the media played a part in that, for which we are grateful.

Indeed.

Why is it that this information is being released by the police? They can't do their jobs properly on any level, so need the media to gather 'evidence', to try and to convict.

It is not a sign of a healthy society.

Not only is it pathetic, it is morally suspect. 

Indeed.

Why is it that this information is being released by the police? They can't do their jobs properly on any level, so need the media to gather 'evidence', to try and to convict.

Its because when these trials come to court, the prosecution don't provide evidence to support the particular charge, they deluge the defence with multiple accusations and argue that the 'weight' of accusations rather than the 'weight of evidence' is sufficient to establish 'bad character' and secure a conviction.

This is not allowed in other countries, and is something which i think will eventually be thrown out on appeal and convictions quashed.

Its because when these trials come to court, the prosecution don't provide evidence to support the particular charge, they deluge the defence with multiple accusations and argue that the 'weight' of accusations rather than the 'weight of evidence' is sufficient to establish 'bad character' and secure a conviction.

This is not allowed in other countries, and is something which i think will eventually be thrown out on appeal and convictions quashed.

And ultimately we as a society end up with prisons full of people we don't like.

Who's next?

Indeed.

If information is gained from showing people a tiny amount of police action and it helps, what's the problem? All part of investigations and always has been...

Archived