Cliff Richard

David

Police are searching a Berkshire property belonging to Sir Cliff Richard in relation to an alleged historical sex offence.

A number of items were removed from the property in the Sunningdale area for further investigation, but no arrests have been made.

A police spokesman said the allegation involved a boy under 16 and dated from the 1980s in the South Yorkshire area.

The search is not connected to Operation Yewtree, police said.

But officers from that operation have been notified, a South Yorkshire Police spokesman added.

Sir Cliff, born Harry Webb, is one of the most successful British musicians of all time.

He has sold 21.5 million singles - more than any other male British artist - and is the only performer to have had at least one UK top five album in each of the last seven decades.

He has represented the UK in the Eurovision song contest twice and in 2013 released the 100th album of his career.

He was knighted in 1995 and performed at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace in 2012.

http://t.co/gAcSgJ1KLz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did a bit of digging in the wake of this story. It is amazing ... literally amazing what you can find.

Do a google search on the 'Elm Tree Guest House' ... 'Cliff Richard/Kitty' ... and 'Cliff Richard/Melvyn Bragg'

I'm saying nothing that I wish to then later be libeled for...so make up your own minds.

Chickens coming home to roost perhaps?

I would just like to add ... you should not believe as the truth, everything that you read on the internet.

Let's see if he's guilty before we get too carried away. Characters like him who seem too squeaky clean and wholesome to be true always arouse bitterness and suspicion. There does seem to be the element of a witch hunt around these celebrity stories and half of them haven't resulted in a conviction. I'm not a fan of his but just think we should keep a watching brief, especially since no arrest has been made.

The media make me laugh. If you didn't go so far OTT up peoples arse because they're famous then you wouldn't have to back track.

Like Jimmy Savile. When he died he was a legend, an idol, a hero, an icon etc etc.

Soon climbed down out his arse.

The whole world of celebrity really pisses me off.

If Cliff is guilty then no doubt he'll have always been a cnut. If not then he can go back to being a saint.

The media make me laugh. If you didn't go so far OTT up peoples arse because they're famous then you wouldn't have to back track.

Like Jimmy Savile. When he died he was a legend, an idol, a hero, an icon etc etc.

Soon climbed down out his arse.

The whole world of celebrity really pisses me off.

If Cliff is guilty then no doubt he'll have always been a cnut. If not then he can go back to being a saint.

He's also a citizen of Barbados which has not extradition to the uk. Whats the betting he suddenly wants to live out there permanently?.

He said in his statement he's not in the country at the moment, and has known about this for a few months. 

Wonder where he is?

Archived