richard keogh as a cdm

Sexydadbod

His passing ability is very good. I would like to see him being played there in some games and he played there in some games for coventry and looked very good there. Ball playing centre backs tend to do well in cdm like sergio ramos, hummels, david luiz. Reckon we could test it out in some games and if he makes a mistake then they will be less costly

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'd probably be ok there to be honest, positionally and defensively at least. I think you're really overstating his passing ability though, and this side, which will have well over 50% possession in most games this season, needs a very good passer in that position. Also, his ball control is suspect and you get no space to mess about in midfield.

It won't happen anyway, he's our captain and established CB. His pace is useful where he is, also.

His passing ability is very good. I would like to see him being played there in some games and he played there in some games for coventry and looked very good there. Ball playing centre backs tend to do well in cdm like sergio ramos, hummels, david luiz. Reckon we could test it out in some games and if he makes a mistake then they will be less costly

Its a no from me I'm afraid. He is one of the most awkward passers of a football that I have seen in over 30 years of watching football.

Its a no from me I'm afraid. He is one of the most awkward passers of a football that I have seen in over 30 years of watching football.

Think Darren Moore May be able to lay claim to that title....

I know right. He turns to face Wisdom (now Christie) after awkwardly shifting the ball in that direction. He opens his body up and seems to take forever. At which point the RB has a man ready to press on him as soon as he receives the ball. The body language of the RB suggests he does not want it. Too late the pass is on it's way. Now they have to deal with the pressure of the attacking player in a very tight space. Nothing worse than a defender that get's themselves into a bad position and simply passes the ball to a teammate in order to make themselves look good. Hey they are the one that lost possession. Yeah but it was your terrible pass.

What is it with defenders that do not know how to pass to their keepers. The keeper is always another outlet. 

The role in the side needs a really crisp passer with an eye for a pass and top quality distribution. The whole point of the role is also to give the centrehalves that option to pass the ball to do distribute it properly, and I don't think Keogh has either the passing range or the mental side to play such a role.

I wouldn't want him playing that role.

I've got no problem with his tackling or heading or clearing the ball with a hoof, But i don't like to see people pass the ball to him in defence and get a bit of a panic on when i see him trying to control a ball with players closing him down.

He lacks composure and his passing technique looks awkward.

Its a totally different role, its very different having all the game in front of you at CB than playing CDM where you receive the ball with your back to play most of the time. Why do people always want to convert players? Keogh is a defender, leave him there.

I don't think it's a case with either. Most will know I wasn't happy with Buxton (yes, blasphemy) for quite a part of last season, and we all know a number of fans were not happy with Keogh both at the start and the end of the season (I was not one of those). I just think we can do better than both of them, and if we can, then we should look to do that - not just settle. That's not saying I don't rate either of them, as they clearly like playing together and do a decent job. But far too many times we look all over the place from balls into our box. That, admittedly, could be as much the fullbacks and/or midfield's fault but unfortunately, the blame tends to land at the feet of the centre backs.

I wouldn't want him playing that role.

I've got no problem with his tackling or heading or clearing the ball with a hoof, But i don't like to see people pass the ball to him in defence and get a bit of a panic on when i see him trying to control a ball with players closing him down.

He lacks composure and his passing technique looks awkward.

Your joking him and Buxton play the ball out of defense well.

That's what Mac wants Ossie

Keogh was brilliant on Saturday and I wasn't Buxtons biggest fan but I was wrong he's improved so much .

I don't want a change now and I'm happy with Keogh and Buxton and a fit Whitbread and OB as back up Sage.

Not for me - he needs to turn his entire body to make a sideways pass. Let him pass it short to someone who can pick a pass without panic.

He would actually fit a sweeper role better where he wouldn't need to jump against big forwards and could use his powers of interception. That would mean us switching to 3-5-2 with Forsyth and Christie as wing backs. But we're a long way off that.

Your joking him and Buxton play the ball out of defense well.

That's what Mac wants.

Keogh was brilliant on Saturday.

I see him panic when he receives the ball in tight positions and i also see him shouting and blaming the other player when his pass goes astray.

I thought he had a very good game on Saturday, But prefer to see Bucko on the ball than him.

Feel free to disagree with my opinion, But i am not joking.

I see him panic when he receives the ball in tight positions and i also see him shouting and blaming the other player when his pass goes astray.

I thought he had a very good game on Saturday, But prefer to see Bucko on the ball than him.

Feel free to disagree with my opinion, But i am not joking.

I do disagree I can't understand why you feel that way I'm confident with Keogh and Buxton on the ball .

Archived