richard keogh as a cdm

Sexydadbod

Buxton is probably the best footballing centre back in the division; his passing ability is a level above 96% of the defenders in the league.

Buxton and Keogh need to be really commanding in the box though that's what thay need to work on .

Corners and set plays coming into the box.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buxton and Keogh need to be really commanding in the box though that's what thay need to work on .

Corners and set plays coming into the box.

Again, Buxton is one of the most dominant players in the league in the air; Keogh is right up their too.

The ball coming long into our box is simply a sign teams don't have much idea to break us down and that's their game plan; get something to drop on a whim. 

Clearances made this weekend, Buxton was fourth in the division with 17 and Keogh was seventh with 16. You could argue that another centre-back, in our team, wouldn't cope anywhere near as well. 

I'm happy that you feel that way, I'm just a lot more confident with Bucko than Keogh.

I rate them both as defenders though.

As I've said it's not when they are on the ball I'm at all concerned about it's when they are defending set plays .

Keogh can sometimes look awkward on the ball but comes forward to great effect and Buxton does the same.

Defending is a team game.

Quick question would you prefer Grant and the defense playing hoofball bypassing midfield.

Again, Buxton is one of the most dominant players in the league in the air; Keogh is right up their too.

The ball coming long into our box is simply a sign teams don't have much idea to break us down and that's their game plan; get something to drop on a whim.

Clearances made this weekend, Buxton was fourth in the division with 17 and Keogh was seventh with 16. You could argue that another centre-back, in our team, wouldn't cope anywhere near as well.

Foxes away last season we got bullied why !

Just wondering but I think I know your answer.

CDM !

But was that the whole story ?

As I've said it's not when they are on the ball I'm at all concerned about it's when they are defending set plays .

Keogh can sometimes look awkward on the ball but comes forward to great effect and Buxton does the same.

Defending is a team game.

Quick question would you prefer Grant and the defense playing hoofball bypassing midfield.

Definitely not and i don't know why you think that i would.

But i would prefer Grant to give it to either of the wide defenders or Bucko rather than Keogh if the opposition have players around them.

I've got no problem with Keogh having the ball when he has plenty of space and time, Just not when he will be rushed to play the ball.

If we played Keogh there we would have 2 CDM's on the bench in Omar and Eustace plus Hughes. We would have no CB backup at all on the bench.

Even if Keogh could play there it would make no sense to do so with the squad we have

Definitely not and i don't know why you think that i would.

But i would prefer Grant to give it to either of the wide defenders or Bucko rather than Keogh if the opposition have players around them.

I've got no problem with Keogh having the ball when he has plenty of space and time, Just not when he will be rushed to play the ball.

I just think you should watch how many attacks Keogh starts up.

PS Keogh did a fantastic clearance 2nd half when clearing sideways on centre to RB area and saved the day big time whilst Mascarrelo was settling in to his role when Hughes came off

I just think you should watch how many attacks Keogh starts up.

PS Keogh did a fantastic clearance 2nd half when clearing sideways on centre to RB area and saved the day big time whilst Mascarrelo was settling in to his role when Hughes came off

Are you related?

1 - We don't have enough CB's to try this.

2 - Can't ever remember seeing Ramos play CDM or Hummels.

3 - We've got Hughes and Omar or even Eustace in that role, there is plenty of quality.

4 - Keogh's passing from CB is good because there is no one near him a lot of the time. Passing under pressure is completely different. 

Definite no for me. Playing CDM you have to play a fair amount of time with your back to the opposition picking up passes from the CBs, and be aware of what's around you. I just don't see Keogh in that role. He's a centre back, pure and simple.

Archived