New ticketing/turnstile system

Bwash_Ram

From what others have said, the "waving it around like Roy Carroll's arms when the opposition have a corner" approach still works. 

Mine only worked when it was put in the machine, not waved in front. So I'm really confused... 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My grandson and I didn't even get in until 3.33pm due to the huge line of fans in the ticket office having to get season tickets reprinted.

Ours hadnt even come so I asked to see mr furse and he promised me there would be an investigation into the fiasco

Mine only worked when it was put in the machine, not waved in front. So I'm really confused...

I did what you did, and it worked. Mrs KR, behind me, just put it near the scanner and it worked. From inside, I watched loads if people struggling with it. Looked like the biggest problem is putting it near the scanner above the slot, where the green light comes on. That does not seem to work. Underneath seems to work. I'm just going to carry on placing it into the scanner!!

I heard there were lots of problems with the "print at home" tickets.

That would probably explain the delay in teh East Stand, as that's where most of the single match tickets would have been sold (in relation to ST holders habitually turning up at 2:55)

SS being pretty much all season tickets now, I walked straight through at 2:55 :)

I used the print at home system. Worked fine to me. I was watching the turnstiles a bit whilst in the concourse lot of issues were "operator error" it seems.

yeah - i think some people might have been relying on dodgy inkjet catridges that needs replacing. Basically if the bar code looks like a smudge, you ain't getting in

One guy in front of me struggled.. It was green I kept saying to him 'You can go through' he wasn't having none of it must of tried it around 10x different ways upside down etc. Steward told him to go through its on green he did.. Then smacked his head on one of the turnstiles poles! He giggled I giggled smiles around lol.

This is because that is the way the ST's worked last year. And I made the point on these forums that the letter told us to put the card in the machine but was met with "NO NO IT'S 'RFID' MATE!!" :rolleyes:

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I told you so :lol:

I did not have to put mine in...

I did not have to put mine in...

But did u woft it in the general vicinity?

Most people who had issues tried to sort of swipe it over the light... Which turned out to not be a reader and just actually be a light.

Archived