New ticketing/turnstile system

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could have but signs up but you are talking about people that cant put a couple of bins in the fan park

lol the "fan park" was like being back at the BBG - herded into a penned area and squashed so tight you could barely raise the bottle to your lips. Won't be doing that again!

Prices were ok though,

Yes it was east stand where i sit .. seems to be mainly there where the problem lies . oh and while im on a rant/moan , why did it take an hour for the queues to end leaving the south stand car parks ? it was even worse than the forest game and playoff games last season which were bigger gates . have they changed something there also ?

I did not understand the que. Can someone explain a problem they had. My card worked fine. Scanned better than last season. Probably could say that going through was 50% quicker for me than last season. So what was the hold up? People scanning in before the turnstile has finished for the person in front going through? 

I did not understand the que. Can someone explain a problem they had. My card worked fine. Scanned better than last season. Probably could say that going through was 50% quicker for me than last season. So what was the hold up? People scanning in before the turnstile has finished for the person in front going through? 

The ones in front of us were just waving their season tickets in the general vicinity of the scanner. Once they were told to just offer the card into the slot yellow stripe in and up, there was no problem.

Complete nightmare yesterday had to queue for 20 mins to get to the turnstile, loads of people missed the kick off because of it,why did they have to change a perfectly good system  ?

Ah memories of the Baseball Ground , brings a tear to my eye.

Come out the pub earlier mate :p  :)

Sounds like new season ticket holders not understanding what to do

Remember the Ossie End queues back down the street  -  and Popside wending round the ground.   -   and then through the urinals!! Got caught out by that the first time I went  there alone.. Followed the crowd !!

I didn't read my ST letter so just waved the card in front of the scanner as usual and it worked no problems. Didn't even realise they'd changed anything personally, thought the queues were just the usual for an above average gate.

So people are assuming because theirs worked fine its down to stupid people?

Words fail me sometimes.

We go there about 2:30 and my brothers didn't work. After the game we went to the ticket office to be told 'for some reason, the Rotherham game only wasn't loaded onto the card.' This coming after he didn't receive his card in the post and had to take time off work Friday afternoon to pick it up.

The ones in front of us were just waving their season tickets in the general vicinity of the scanner. Once they were told to just offer the card into the slot yellow stripe in and up, there was no problem.

This is because that is the way the ST's worked last year. And I made the point on these forums that the letter told us to put the card in the machine but was met with "NO NO IT'S 'RFID' MATE!!"  :rolleyes: 

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I told you so  :lol:

The real queues were trying to get served at half time. Went down at 43 minutes to beat the queues, didn't get a beer until the second half had been going for 3 minutes already. Far too many staff stood about doing nothing, unaware of the rush that is on. Some folk were saying a manager-type bloke turned up and then disappeared, as if wearing a suit means he's too good to pull a pint. He'd gone by the time I got to the front so I couldn't see him, but if it's true then come on... Lead by example mate...

This is because that is the way the ST's worked last year. And I made the point on these forums that the letter told us to put the card in the machine but was met with "NO NO IT'S 'RFID' MATE!!"  :rolleyes: 

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I told you so  :lol:

From what others have said, the "waving it around like Roy Carroll's arms when the opposition have a corner" approach still works. 

Archived