Derby County v Rangers

mozza

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the match on a stream today, trying to explain to my daughter about Celtic/Rangers; 

'is it worse than Derby/Forest? '

'yes, because they're from the same place - Glasgow, and you've got football, religion and politics included.'

'Blimey'

'yes, blimey'

:unsure:

Some lovely one touch football at times. Would love to see Dawkins with full confidence. When he was one on one he didn't look confident. Im sure when that first goal comes he will be on fire (hopefully). 

Was disappointed not to see a few more of the new lads come on like calero but i suppose this friendly was aimed for the first team. 

Cant wait for next week now !!!!

Watched the match on a stream today, trying to explain to my daughter about Celtic/Rangers; 

'is it worse than Derby/Forest? '

'yes, because they're from the same place - Glasgow, and you've got football, religion and politics included.'

'Blimey'

'yes, blimey'

:unsure:

There was a study done to examine the relationship between old firm games and domestic violence in Glasgow. On average, they found that the number of incidents doubled compared to the next week. No change when they studied the same thing with Scottish internationals. Tells you everything you need to know about the ugly sisters.

There was a study done to examine the relationship between old firm games and domestic violence in Glasgow. On average, they found that the number of incidents doubled compared to the next week. No change when they studied the same thing with Scottish internationals. Tells you everything you need to know about the ugly sisters.

I did read about that somewhere, although I think the same was said about the England Internationals.  All in all, football, politics and religion are bad enough singularly - put together like  Celtic/Rangers it's explosive. 

My bruv and I were at the Texaco Cup final when we whupped that super team Airdrie at the B BG.

I was there too.

Remember Colin boulton punching drew jarvie to the floor.

I could not make the game today. I normally don't bother with friendly games. Having said that Rangers are a team I want to see as personally speaking their fans are fantastic and at such games the atmosphere is for me worth the admission fee. 

Fantastic in terms of bringing their numbers, fantastic for me in terms of "the British feeling/support" Now some people don't like that and that's fine but I would rather watch and listen to them than any other Glasgow based team that pedals anti British sentiments and songs at every opportunity in the sickest of circumstances.

Again this might not go down well with all but I am British and proud of that..... and that is something in my country that seems to be frowned upon by a number of people in our inclusive society.

I could not make the game today. I normally don't bother with friendly games. Having said that Rangers are a team I want to see as personally speaking their fans are fantastic and at such games the atmosphere is for me worth the admission fee. 

Fantastic in terms of bringing their numbers, fantastic for me in terms of "the British feeling/support" Now some people don't like that and that's fine but I would rather watch and listen to them than any other Glasgow based team that pedals anti British sentiments and songs at every opportunity in the sickest of circumstances.

Again this might not go down well with all but I am British and proud of that..... and that is something in my country that seems to be frowned upon by a number of people in our inclusive society.

Its possible to dislike both of them WD..just saying!

Whereabouts in West Derbyshire are you from? You sound a bit "Doveridge" to me... :D

Proud to be British, but that doesn't mean I'm not welcoming to other cultures, every culture adds something to this country and we'd much weaker without it.

Thank god that's over. I'd rather go back to Sunderland and Stoke than have Celtic/Rangers and the politics circus.

Whoever wanted them in the English leagues must be crazy. They're fine where they are.

Archived