Tom Carroll - Nixon rumor

DCFC Else

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's bs from FT twitter ffs. Give me the job at wherever Nixon at and i'd still make rumour up all day long it's not that hard to do that though. :lol::)

One scenario could be this:

Hughes to take Thorne role, Carroll to replace Hughes (on the bench).

I'll go against the grain and say he would be good signing. Should fit to our playing style way better than last time around.

I'll go against the grain and say he would be good signing. Should fit to our playing style way better than last time around.

Can't see him being loaned anywhere to be bench fodder.

Agreed. Our team was fxcking awful the last time Carroll was here - playing with dogshit when your game is about passing the ball well always makes you look bad as noone is on the same wavelength. QPR had Barton and signed Karl Henry which hardly screams "we are gonna pass our way out of this league" so they were not the right fit for him. Really think that we need another CM especially if Hughes and Eustace are our two options for DM at the moment. 

QPR were the most possession dominant side in the division last season, although towards the back end of the season they did get a lot worse in that aspect. Nevertheless, I don't think it's the 'game plan' which has hindered Carroll in anyway.

I can't see what he'd bring to the side, I really hope this is just noise. 

As always, if he signs I will support him. I'd much prefer Chalobah though, which says a lot.  :lol:  :ph34r:  :unsure:

You might think im mad. But This could be a very good signing for us.

Its worth thinking of a couple of things:-

1. We had him a couple of years ago, he has developed a lot more since then.

2. The lads position is where Thorne plays. Clough and his tactical genius tended to play him out wide and out of position.

3. Sherwood tried to recall him from QPR in January to put straight into the Tottenham side.

4. He has captained the Under 21s and from what I have seen on him there he looks a very good player.

We are judging him on a short loan spell he had with us under Clough 2 or 3 years ago.

Also we have one of the best coaches in the country now who will play Carroll in his correct position.

If he comes. I will be happy with it. Give him a chance to play in his correct position.

Archived