Tom Carroll - Nixon rumor

DCFC Else

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want any players on loan from Spurs (all of them were awful)

Mounir El Hamdaoui went on to be one of the leading goalscorers in Europe.

His loan here didn't benefit us in the slightest though did it. That isn't even a question.

He wasn't a ***** player, but he was a ***** loan.

Well, he dislocated his shoulder which ended his first loan, then suffered a groin injury which did for his second. Neither could have been anticipated. By that qualification, should we conclude that Thorne is a ***** signing?

Well, he dislocated his shoulder which ended his first loan, then suffered a groin injury which did for his second. Neither could have been anticipated. By that qualification, should we conclude that Thorne is a ***** signing?

No, because Thorne has been signed for the long term, injury or not. He also made enough of an impression to have pretty much everybody clamouring to get him on board.

El Hamdaoui had no future here, there was no ambition to keep him long term and if the loan allegedly forfeited us from future payments then that just adds to reasons it was toss

The are times when judgement in hindsight is massively unfair, but there are other times when it's perfectly valid.

No, because Thorne has been signed for the long term, injury or not. He also made enough of an impression to have pretty much everybody clamouring to get him on board.

El Hamdaoui had no future here, there was no ambition to keep him long term and if the loan allegedly forfeited us from future payments then that just adds to reasons it was toss

The are times when judgement in hindsight is massively unfair, but there are other times when it's perfectly valid.

Well, we were under the ownership of the

He has good vision and passing ability but I fear he is easily scared off the ball from what I've seen of him. All it takes is a player to pressure him and get close and then he flapps. I think if he sorted this out or worked on his strength he could be a very good player.

And on the Tottenham thing, Sherwood dropped Sandro and tried to put Carroll in the team. Part of me felt he was auditioning for the England under 21 job. :p

Archived