How many players do you think we now need?

oakwood87

CDM- Replacement for Thorne (Until his recovers from his injury)

ST- To replace Sammon, pretty self explanatory, I don't think anyone would want him as our recognised striker if anything were to happen with Martin

Positions which I wouldn't mind seeing incomings:

CB- O'Brien and Whitbread aren't good enough to make the step up if Buxton or Keogh got injured. Wouldn't mind seeing another competent experienced head or a younger addition with some skill from the Premier League.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mentioned this is another thread...

CDM - Ake can cover CB as well or Chalobah both would be loans

Winger - Ibe - Season Loan or Eagles on a free

ST - Wood or Murray

if Rosenior becomes available at Hull id take him for RB with Freeman going.

I think this was covered before in a way...

http://dcfcfans.co.uk/topic/15432-if-you-could-pick-any-3-players-to-sign-for-derby-realistically/

Most thought 3, but i guess you could make it 4 if we can afford cover for Thorne, but i dont think Mac will be busting a gut to do tha, i think he may add one more before the end of Aug, then play a few and see what he feels about the squad, before he looks to loans... and then its about who's available.... :wacko:

None

Go with what we've got until January.

I agree with your opinion that we need none.

It's nice to have a bit of insurance though.

Striker. Can't afford to lose Martin right now. If we did then I assume we'd be looking at a front 3 of Dawkins, Russell and Ward.

Unless something lands in our lap then we can find a holding midfielder from within I think. Eustace will be fine to start with. A few loan opportunities always come up during the season.

This is what every single post on transfer threads seems to be:

For me we need like 4/5 proven strikers because goals are things that happen in games that are really important

And for me they need to be proven quality who has got 20 goals a season

So, for me, I think we should get

Billy Sharp

Chris Wood

David Nugent

Glen Murray

Billy Sharp again

For me we also we need a goal scoring winger, because as I've mentioned, they tend to be vital in winning a game of football

So for me

Chris Eagles

Jordan Ibe

Patrick Bamford

Billy Sharp

Matt Ritchie

Gary Mackay-Steven

For me sell Dawkins because he didn't score at Wembley and because goals matter

For me I think we need a quality assured CB who is easily enough suggested but I could never actually point anyone out in real life who we could sign because I've made them up in my head

Igor Stimac?

Also for me we need to replace freeman because for me he's not good enough because Sheffield United who he played for last season are a league below us and their manger is our old manager who we sacked so for me not good enough. And obviously because wages or fees or transfer budgets of any description aren't a problem in my own head, for me we should get

Liam Rosenior

Sam Byram

Eric Lichaj

Billy Sharp

John Brayford

So that's who we need, for me

hans

oakwood87 registered his account the same day that Hans was virtually celebrating that he called Thorne getting injured and made the bizarre (and within the day proven wrong) prediction:

Mark O'Brien will move to a season long loan with a league one club.

We are going to sign Toure within the week on a 2 year contract with the option of a third.

Sheffield United are going to sign Conor Sammon within the month in a cut price deal, along with Freeman on a season long loan.

We will sign Chalobah on a season long loan, Gary-Mackay Steven for around

Archived