Pride Park Area

Jayweb95

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's really good to be back in England has a really good vibe about it.. Drayton manor Sunday, then London Tuesday - Friday.. Then back for the derby game saturdat, then after the Rotherham game we're off to blackpool for a week, exciting times :p

Yeah it's really good to be back in England has a really good vibe about it.. Drayton manor Sunday, then London Tuesday - Friday.. Then back for the derby game saturdat, then after the Rotherham game we're off to blackpool for a week, exciting times :p

God England really is dull isn't it?

It's a horrendously clad building. It's in a similar vein to the Derbyshire Cricket indoor nets that were built a while ago, with the horizontal panels of different colours. That looks disgusting too yet whoever designed this monstrosity obviously didn't have a look at that building first..

After the Rotherham game - I'd go home....tbh....Blackpool.....ugh

God England really is dull isn't it?

Not for those who live or work away it isn't.

We all moan about our little part of the world, yet millions of people aspire to come and live and work in this strange shaped island of ours. 

Despite raping and pillaging half the world to create an empire we are still looked upon as one of the fairest, most civilised places on earth to live.

Any country that produces people like Bucko can't be doing much wrong.  :wub:

My lad is 30 and has lived abroad for ten years. He dreams about Tuesday nights at Millwall, train journeys to Ipswich, Draught Bass and early doors in the Neptune or the Merry Widows.... :D

We all moan about our little part of the world, yet millions of people aspire to come and live and work in this strange shaped island of ours.

Despite raping and pillaging half the world to create an empire we are still looked upon as one of the fairest, most civilised places on earth to live.

Any country that produces people like Bucko can't be doing much wrong. :wub:

just have to take things for granted, yes America is a million times nicer, but England has a warmth to it.. This will always feel like home.

I was hoping the car park fire would spread and take the whole lot down. It's a concrete atrocity.

I completely agree. Awful building. Knock it, the old Debenhams and most of Colyear street down and replace them with traditional looking, grand buildings.

Would put us in a par with Rome then lol

It's a horrendously clad building. It's in a similar vein to the Derbyshire Cricket indoor nets that were built a while ago, with the horizontal panels of different colours. That looks disgusting too yet whoever designed this monstrosity obviously didn't have a look at that building first..

Derby always seems to attract useless architects. Just go around the city and look at the monstrosities constructed the past 15 years. 

Like what? Quad is good, arena is good, council house is excellent, jury's inn is good, brook st is much better, train station is vastly improved. Riverlights is a bit boring but does the job, friar gate square is fantastic and salder bridge studios are great too.

What are you expecting from the city?

Having said all that, I know everyone's tastes are different. People love the gherkin building in London but I think it looks like a butt plug.

Any country that produces people like Bucko can't be doing much wrong. :wub:

Nothing against England, don't get me wrong but you go to America and you can visit New York City, Niagara Falls, Grand Canyon, Disney World, Vegas, Hollywood etc etc

Here... He's excited for Blackpool.

Nowt wrong with any of that.

Took my grandson to Drayton Manor Park the other week, and he was with us in Blackpool for the last few days taking an advanced course in Grandad-burying.

Just past by the velodrome.. It's actually not that bad, I didn't see the glass side at first glance.

Who's got to you? I can help you but I'm going to need names. I can offer you protection. We'll keep your family safe but we need to know who's got to you.

Archived