Your 90 Minutes - 23/07

Another one of these summary type posts, from a DCFC forum type event. This one won't be as long though, probably not as many likes.  ;)

Attending were Sam Rush, Finance Director, Commercials Director (retail, tickets etc) and Concessions Manager (food/drink retail) Nick Richards. From what I could gather, he's pretty high up within Delaware North Companies who handle all the catering, but I'll do that bit later.

First off, and the biggest single point - multi-year season tickets.

This has been bought up by a fair few fans who had taken this up in the past, so they could buy a 2, 3 or 4 year season ticket. The club however, have chosen to look at it a different way - in that, much like energy companies - to offer fans the chance to lock the price of their season ticket, for an added fee, for 2-3 seasons. There is no commitment to buy these season tickets if you do purchase the price lock. The price lock will only be offered to Adult and Senior tickets, due to the nature of the age based price brackets.

For example:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The company which supplied the plastic bottles of cider has gone into liquidation, which has proved to be a stumbling block. Strongbow is currently sold elsewhere, but as that's Coors, it conflicts vs. Marston's - so the club is looking at having Stowford Press in. The main problem they face is the sheer volume. (p*ssheads, the lorra yer)

Just to build on that, there's a europe wide shortage of plastic beer/cider bottles so they'll be lucky to get Stowford Press too. Strongbow is Heineken, not Molson .

Just to build on that, there's a europe wide shortage of plastic beer/cider bottles so they'll be lucky to get Stowford Press too. Strongbow is Heineken, not Molson .

Probably why they've gone into liquidation then. Thanks for that.. I should have known that one (I know a guy at MolsonCoors), and the Concessions guy definitely should have!

Probably why they've gone into liquidation then. Thanks for that.. I should have known that one (I know a guy at MolsonCoors), and the Concessions guy definitely should have!

The reason for the shortage is the liquidation. Somehow it's all a bit ****** up. You'd have thought the near enough sole supplier would be in a strong position wouldn't you?

The reason for the shortage is the liquidation. Somehow it's all a bit ****** up. You'd have thought the near enough sole supplier would be in a strong position wouldn't you?

Ah, my bad, I thought he meant the company that supplied the cider, not the bottles themselves had gone, not the bottle manufacture company...

Nice one animal.

I love the way our club is doing things

I really believe we have the moral high ground atm. 

Great stadium (as modern ones go)

Fantastic fanbase, 20k+ season tickets

Superb academy set up

Steve McClaren, Eric Steele and Paul Simpson.

Mega rich owners who are not demanding instant returns

Very little debt

Talented squad with a great spirit

Great forum with good looking intelligent mods who write brilliant songs

Bucko

Good night xxx

Thanks for the review Animalisaram was a good read for those of us not there. Loving these forums everything what comes from them is mostly positive even the negative things make lots of sense which us fans have been thinking for a long time.

I was going to correct you on the Heineken/Strongbow thing too. I currently work there... so the best option would be Carling Cider. I should imagine Coors would be all over that opportunity.

Money ear-marked for a Prem loan, but no specific targets to mention. The Prem clubs are all on pre-season tours. When they return and name their squads, then the mists will clear, and they expect Prem managers to be calling Steve rather than the other way around

Archived