Zenit St Petersburg v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look here Jake, Richard. I know you did a decent job for us last season but you really let us down in that friendly so I'm going to have to sell you both to bring in an excellent defender who is also great on the ball. There's no shortage of them in the 2nd tier so I'm afraid it's Bon voyage.

And as if to further cement my point, we give away another silly goal from individual defensive mistakes.

Goal One: Individual defensive mistake

Penalty award: Individual defensive mistake

Goal Two: Individual defensive mistake

And some on here are critical for me saying we have a poor defence...

The defense performs well when it counts, then makes some blunders in a meaningless game in Austria, and you use that for your criticism?

Seems fair enough to me.

Well, overall I thought we did decent today against a very good team in Zenit.  We had some chances at times, but also gave away the ball too easily as well.  From my perspective we need some more speed at CB and on the outside as well. Other thoughts about the match today?

I've not been around for long, but I've been through enough preseasons to say you learn more about posters in friendlies than you do about the players.

Yes!!

We're awesome!! We beat Northampton and created loads of chances

Actually, we're *****. We're getting beat by Zenit.

We should have lost to Northampton and won this. Would have caused confusion.

Dawkins had a good game, kept the ball well, good turns. Thought Forsyth getting forward was good (expected). 

Ward offered little at all, Keogh a bit dodgy. Not one of these that have been calling him, but i can see why people are starting to think a bit. 

Thought Roos in net was brilliant. Good saves, commanded a few corners well and looked to distribute quickly. 

All in all a good test against some quality opposition, who had a bit more about them a bit stronger and quicker to the ball. 

Archived